Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-19-2020, 11:14 AM   #1
Broken Toe

Furrion TV not responding to the remote

We rarely watch the TV when we are camping, but last time out I wanted to catch the weather report. My remote batteries were completely dead, so I replaced them with brand-new factory fresh ones.

The TV will still not respond to the remote. I checked an the remote is definitely working (see this post on how to test your remote: Link Here).

I think it is odd that a TV with less than 20 minutes total run-time would have a defective IR receiver, but that's how it acts. A guy at works says that if you leave the remotes with dead batteries long enough, you would have to "pair" the remote back to the TV.

Anyone have any ideas how to do this. A long search of the internet failed to turn up anything for Furrion TV's.

Thanks!

Tim

"Camper" 2016
Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329ss
"Casper" 2017 Ram 2500 Laramie Diesel
..ProPride 3P Hitch - "Yeah. It's worth it."
Cowracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 07:22 AM   #2
Befuddled wanderer

Can you operate the TV by using the buttons on the TV? Just yesterday my wife was watching TV for a while, then turned it off for a while. The next time she tried to turn on the TV, nothing happened. Even the buttons on the TV would not work. In the end, we ended up unplugging the TV for 30 seconds and then plugged it back in and everything worked like nothing ever happened.

I really doubt that you would need to pair the factory remote with that TV. I could believe that if you were using a universal remote, but I've never had to pair a factory remote.

2020 Rockwood Ultra Light 2891 BH
1996 Dodge Ram 3500 dually 8.0L V10

"Si Quaeris Peninsulam Amoenam Circumspice"
cc102bob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furrion, remote