Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-29-2013, 11:18 AM   #1

Gas oven vs. convection/microwave oven

I'm looking for recommendation on the above.

We are not happy with the current Figidaire conv/microwave oven we have. It's so finicky to Cook with it. sometimes it just shuts off when you open the door and doesn't cook evenly at all. The microwave function is "ok" but still not great.

Anyway, we are looking at getting a new conv/micro combo unit or converting to an under the range gas oven.

Any recommendations of products or +/- of gas oven vs combo unit is appreciated.

Thanks..
grega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 09:15 PM   #2

They may be a problem with the convection/oven. We love ours so much we do not use the gas oven. Our Frigidaire works so great that is all we use. It cooks very fastened evenly.
Old 11-29-2013, 09:54 PM   #3
Love My Sunseeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrapperman View Post
They may be a problem with the convection/oven. We love ours so much we do not use the gas oven. Our Frigidaire works so great that is all we use. It cooks very fastened evenly.
Since WHEN do you get a gas oven when you get a convection oven? My previous RV had the convection oven, but no GAS oven (but had the gas stove) and I didn't like the convection because it didn't brown. The one that came with the unit was a A...... something that started with an A.... forgot the name, it went POOF right before warranty time (good timing!), got it replaced with a Connair, or something like that.......

Now I'm back to propane oven, like it a little bit better except I burned my gingerbread a week ago.

The only thing I liked about the convection is that there was a potato setting that used both microwave and oven energy together, and it made the potato taste SO GOOD I can never have microwaved potatoes again!

I love my Sunseeker, when I'm on a trip I don't wanna go home!!!"

Total days camping each year: AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!
DXSMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 10:32 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by grega
I'm looking for recommendation on the above.

We are not happy with the current Figidaire conv/microwave oven we have. It's so finicky to Cook with it. sometimes it just shuts off when you open the door and doesn't cook evenly at all. The microwave function is "ok" but still not great.

Anyway, we are looking at getting a new conv/micro combo unit or converting to an under the range gas oven.

Any recommendations of products or +/- of gas oven vs combo unit is appreciated.

Thanks..
There's a new microwave/ convection oven available that also includes infrared browning which makes steak broiling realistic. Try looking up the Velos from Whirlpool for features, sure others have similar details.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 09:40 AM   #5

Dear DSXMac, your are right in a way. We thought the same thing when we started looking at motorhomes. Why would anyone want both. It is just every Georgetown XL 378 we looked at came with both. I will say that we have used both at the same time when we have company over for dinner. It is nice to bake rolls and a tenderloin roast in the convection at the same time. Our convection oven works great. It bakes wonderfully. We even have cooked a steak in it we very good results. (Though not the same as charcoal). Ours does a excellent job of browning.
Now if we were to order one we probably would order both because of the functionality of both.
We didn't think we would use both but we do.
We love RVing and look forward to it as many times as we can get away.
Since work gets in the way of it we can only do it once a month.
But we are working a eliminating that four letter word in our lives. (WORK) lol
Enjoy

Tags
gas