Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2022, 07:17 PM   #1

GE 12V Fridge Noise

Has anyone found this fridge to have a noisy compressor? If so, have you figured a solution?

When I first heard the noise, I thought it was the commonly identified issue of the cooling fan. Pulled fridge out to perform a replacement, but quickly realized it was the compressor and not the fan. Initially, I thought I solved the compressor noise by torquing the mount screws to controller module - as it was sympathetically vibrating. On my last trip, it started up again...
Old 08-18-2022, 09:11 PM   #2

Did you ever figure anything out Sannhet? I just brought home a micro lite 25brds yesterday and the fridge is annoyingly loud. It has the GE 12v fridge as well. Didn’t notice it during the walk through because the AC was running. Now it’s driving me crazy.
Zephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 12:20 PM   #3

@Zephyr No dice - it appears to be the compressor itself, which per the manual is not normal and likely a warranty replacement is in order. It is cooling sufficiently, so low priority at moment.

Unrelated, but another flaw worth noting is the GE fridge latch. During my last trip we found the rubber cap popped off along with pin which resulted in the door opening during our drive. No crazy jostling, so it wasn't too hard for it to fail. On the return trip I threw a piece of tape to keep it in place, though I will look something less of a kludge for the future (e.g. glue rubber caps in place).
Old 08-19-2022, 12:49 PM   #4

I'll definitely be looking into the fridge noise more with the dealer too, so I'll let you know if I hear anything as well.

Heading out for her maiden voyage this afternoon, so I much appreciate the heads up on the door latch. You might have just saved me from having quite the mess inside the TT when we get there. I thought it was odd too that the keeper was loose in there. I could have sworn my buddy's is spot welded in place, but I could be wrong.
Zephyr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
12v, fridge, noise