Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-10-2014, 03:33 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaadk View Post
You can get those in a car stereo too. Not really unique to RV radios.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
I don't know of to many that play movies was my point. In fact I know of non that will play a dvd in surround sound that you can watch on your TV?

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 03:58 PM   #42
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
I don't know of to many that play movies was my point. In fact I know of non that will play a dvd in surround sound that you can watch on your TV?

My 10 yr old Pioneer Avic Z1 can in 4.1 which is better than the crappy stereo I get with my Genesis 2.0GT.

Heck, the flip out Screen player I had from 2001 could too.

I know current radios are now doing HDMI and other fancy things, show they should be more advanced then my old stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 09-10-2014, 05:30 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by ret2006 View Post
I have a new 2012 Sabre 31 RETS-6, currently on my first 3 day trip to test all systems. My Sabre has a Genesis GT 3.0 AM/FM/WB/CD/DVD/MP3/MP4 Digital 5.1 Surround Sound system. This looks like the Concertone system that is mentioned on this forum. Is the Concertone systems now called Genesis?

There seems to be some functions of my Genesis GT 3.0 that do not work properly. When I plug in my IPod the left side speakers will not work, I am only getting sound out of one side of the speaker system. All the speakers work because I have them hooked to my television and it sounds great as it also sounds great on FM radio. Also, when I plug in a USB drive which has MP3 music files on it, it reads that a FLASH drive has been inserted but it will not play, no sound at all. I know the drive is good because it worked fine in the RV I traded in for the Sabre which had a Jensen system.

Anyone with a system like this? Since the RV is only a month old should I just take it back to the dealer for troubleshooting or replacement.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
I thought we were talking about the OP question must be my mistake.....

Old 09-10-2014, 06:35 PM   #44

Send a message via MSN to GreenImp
While car stereos are a good option for many people, they simply are not designed to be the center of an RV entertainment system. Even the latest Pioneer Nex units mentioned earlier in this thread only pass SD video through to the TV...even though they have (1) HDMI input and an MSRP of $900 and up. These car DVD players are designed to be the main TV screen themselves. Try finding decent on screen menus in a car player (as in passed through to the video output signal). How about a "sleep" function? Alarm? Not everybody needs these features, but some want them. Genessis clearly recognized that RV entertainment is becoming more like home entertainment by the features they added to their latest model...they just can't bring quality to the table.

I replaced my 3.0 with an Onkyo home receiver and Western Digital Media Player (I have no use for DVD's anymore). For my purposes, this was the best answer.
Dad's old 1968 Empi Imp (recently recovered from under 21 years worth of boxes/dust)
GreenImp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 08:41 PM   #45
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
I thought we were talking about the OP question must be my mistake.....
I've been responding to this question, not the OP's:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaGirl View Post
Hi, We just purchased a 2014 Puma Unleashed and the screen on the Genesis is cloudy and unreadable. This is a used RV and I only have a blue quick start sheet, no warranty papers. I need to know who to contact for a replacement screen. Thanks!
Floridagirl

Old 09-19-2014, 11:23 PM   #46

Anyone know the remote codes for the Genesis GT-3.0 to program another remote

Equal-i-zer 1200/12,000 4-point WDH
Slympicins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 06:07 AM   #47
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrijl61 View Post
My remote does not work. Never used - batteries good. Am I to program it or something - or do I just get a replacement?
Make sure the Gen 3 button on the remote is pressed. The Gen 3 remote works many devices but if the tiny square Gen 3 button is not pressed; it won't work the radio. Button set "8"

The manual (attached) has the procedure to teach it the codes for the other devices (like your TV, SAT, or Cable Receiver).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Gen 3 remote.JPG
Views:	437
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	63122  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf GT-3.0-5-4.pdf (1.89 MB, 78 views)
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 07:33 AM   #48

Send a message via AIM to iowaborn
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrijl61 View Post
My remote does not work. Never used - batteries good. Am I to program it or something - or do I just get a replacement?
I had the same problem, turned out that one of the remote buttons was in the down position being stuck under its opening in the remote.
Old 09-20-2014, 07:47 AM   #49

What I'm looking to do is add the Genesis to control the volume on my satellite remote. Thus, there must be a code to program a separate remote and not the 100580 remote for the genesis.

Old 09-25-2014, 09:00 AM   #50
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
There are no remote codes available to add the GT functions to your other remote.
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 09:20 AM   #51

Bob is correct...however there is another solution. BUY a LEARNING remote to incorporate the codes from both the GT remote and the dish remote.
This one, for example, knows the codes for all satellite systems and can LEARN the codes from your Genesis.
Amazon.com: Sony RMVLZ620 Universal Remote Control (Black): Electronics
Good luck!
2019 Vespa Primavera 150's (pair)
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 09:30 AM   #52
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaraderie View Post
Bob is correct...however there is another solution. BUY a LEARNING remote to incorporate the codes from both the GT remote and the dish remote.
This one, for example, knows the codes for all satellite systems and can LEARN the codes from your Genesis.
Amazon.com: Sony RMVLZ620 Universal Remote Control (Black): Electronics
Good luck!
x2. I use Logitech's harmony remotes for all the systems I have at home. They're not as niche as they used to be so I'm not sure if they're still the easiest at setup, but they are still pretty easy to setup.
Old 09-25-2014, 04:13 PM   #53

Okay great. Thanks for the info.
Chuck

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 09-29-2014, 12:57 PM   #54

Hi, We just purchased a 2014 Puma Unleashed and the screen on the Genesis is cloudy and unreadable. This is a used RV and I only have a blue quick start sheet, no warranty papers. I need to know who to contact for a replacement screen. Thanks!
Floridagirl

I was hoping Bob could help me find a replacement screen. Dose Genesis offer replacement parts?

Thanks!
Floridagirl
FloridaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 01:36 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaGirl View Post
Hi, We just purchased a 2014 Puma Unleashed and the screen on the Genesis is cloudy and unreadable.
I would imagine the entire Genesis unit would have to be replaced.
Just a thought, I think ours had a plastic protector over the screen when it was new. Look closely and make sure yours doesn't, that could make the screen hard to read.
Old 09-29-2014, 01:59 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad View Post
I would imagine the entire Genesis unit would have to be replaced.
Just a thought, I think ours had a plastic protector over the screen when it was new. Look closely and make sure yours doesn't, that could make the screen hard to read.
Thanks! But ours is not hard to read it is cracked. I would really like to just get a replacement screen.

floridagirl
Old 09-29-2014, 02:01 PM   #57
Moderator Emeritus

Well, like I said to you back in my response to your original question a few weeks back (here) the Genesis is made by Concertone so you'll need to contact them to get any replacement parts.
Old 09-29-2014, 03:03 PM   #58

Quote:
Well, like I said to you back in my response to your original question a few weeks back (here) the Genesis is made by Concertone so you'll need to contact them to get any replacement parts.

I have sent them 4 emails. All I get back is a link to buy a new unit. I was hoping Bob would chime in and let me know if there is any way to get replacement parts.

Thanks!
floridagirl
Old 09-29-2014, 03:47 PM   #59

My remote stopped working and the eject button won't stop flashing. I checked that it isn't stuck. I reset the stereo to factory settings, and I also removed the batteries on the remote and tried new ones. Eject button just keeps flashing
rooti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 04:27 PM   #60

Quote:
Concertone will only sell units, even if you can get a hold of them which is really impossible. The distributor for Genesis is Cruthfield electronics (check spelling) They are the only people who can help now. Google them and call on the phone, they are very helpful. You can email and call the Concertone # forever you will not get a responds. Bob Fields is the person who gave me the the info and they did help me out. And he was still the rep for Genesis then, I was looking for speakers.