Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-17-2019, 05:20 PM   #21

Okay....I think I'm figuring out how to get electrical for my dehumidifier without passing through the inverter. Oh...I am so smart!!!! No, I'm not passing a power cord through the slide. I was staring at the inverter, and looking at the instruction manual that I downloaded onto my cellphone and, ding ding ding...the inverter is plugged into a receptical that is located next to it behind the panel. I pulled that plug and the inverter turned off. This, of course, disabled all of the plugs in the trailer. But, duh, I can plug the dehumifier into the receptical that the inverter was plugged into and it's running!!!! So now I have a running dehumidifier, but my question is.....is there something wrong with the inverter? Or is there something wrong with the breaker in the inverter?
Pamey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 05:27 PM   #22
Trailer Park Supervisor

Can't answer that, but wondering how you got dehumidifier cord into that compartment from inside trailer.
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 05:34 PM   #23

Easy. The receptical is behind the screwed in panel in the closet under the TV. The dehumidifier cord reaches easily
Old 04-17-2019, 06:06 PM   #24
Trailer Park Supervisor

Ahhh, Ok, my setup is different, I think inverter is in front left outside compartment with that outlet you mentioned.
Old 04-17-2019, 06:49 PM   #25

Yes. That's where they put them in the previous version before mine. Too bad. That would be a hard place to reach. I don't know why Forest River puts the inverter in such hard to access places. AND my dealer never told me it was there... it's like Forest River's little secret.
Old 04-17-2019, 06:53 PM   #26

It’s like an Easter egg hunt when you start pulling panels for the first time. “Oh that’s where the water filter goes.”
RFishstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 06:58 PM   #27

Exactly! Only I'm not crawling in there to change the filter, no way. I'm going to buy one of those water filters that attach to the white hose.
Old 04-17-2019, 07:02 PM   #28
Trailer Park Supervisor

I'm lucky, they put water filter in mine easily accessible from right rear outdoor compartment. They hid the inverter probably so some idiot doesn't electrocute themselves.
Old 04-17-2019, 07:03 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamey View Post
Exactly! Only I'm not crawling in there to change the filter, no way. I'm going to buy one of those water filters that attach to the white hose.

That's what I did - because everyone mentioned that those filter housings crack and leak water.
Old 04-17-2019, 07:07 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJKris View Post
And Pamey, I bought the 'chill chaser' heat strip and installed it in the A/C unit, was 50 bucks from a vendor on Ebay, easy to install, and is not on same circuit as outlets, it is on the A/C circuit, and is equivalent to at least a 1600 watt heater.

Does that AC and the strip draw power at the same time?
Old 04-17-2019, 07:09 PM   #31
Trailer Park Supervisor

No. You turn knob on AC to 'low heat' (they give you a new knob that doesn't have 2 'low fan' settings). The fan comes on low with the heat strip, not the A/C.
Old 04-17-2019, 07:09 PM   #32

Quote:
.....is there something wrong with the inverter? Or is there something wrong with the breaker in the inverter?

I am no expert, but, I really think the inverter just gets warm running juice through it for an extended period.
Old 04-17-2019, 07:11 PM   #33

Quote:
No. You turn knob on AC to 'low heat' (they give you a new knob that doesn't have 2 'low fan' settings). The fan comes on low with the heat strip, not the A/C.

So the AC fan is going with the strip. Trying to comprehend the power draw. You can then possibly run this off the batteries?
Old 04-17-2019, 07:14 PM   #34
Trailer Park Supervisor

Yes, the A/C fan runs with the strip. No, you can't run on batteries for two reasons: The A/C circuit does not run through inverter, and you would sap your batteries in quick order with a 1600W draw down, that doesn't include how many watts the blower is drawing as well.
Old 04-17-2019, 07:17 PM   #35

Quote:
Yes, the A/C fan runs with the strip. No, you can't run on batteries for two reasons: The A/C circuit does not run through inverter, and you would sap your batteries in quick order with a 1600W draw down, that doesn't include how many watts the blower is drawing as well.

Oh, I re-read how you mentioned 1600watt equivalent. I misread it before.
Thanks for all the info!
Old 04-17-2019, 10:08 PM   #36

That sounds logical, that the inverter gets hot. I'm wondering if a new one would fix the problem, or if I need a new brand of inverter, or an inverter that can handle a bigger load. My next call will be to the manufacturer of the inverter.
Old 04-18-2019, 07:03 PM   #37

Quote:
That sounds logical, that the inverter gets hot. I'm wondering if a new one would fix the problem, or if I need a new brand of inverter, or an inverter that can handle a bigger load. My next call will be to the manufacturer of the inverter.

As to brand, not sure. But, I would say that a higher watt would help. These are 1,000 watt. I thought I saw someone here mention they replaced theirs with 3,000 watt.
Old 04-18-2019, 09:27 PM   #38

Probably so. And they get pricey.
Old 10-05-2020, 08:56 AM   #39

I blew something using my air fryer, lost all 110 outlets/fridge but still have micro and stove fan/light. Replaced GFCI and main/110 breaker to no avail. Now I see in thread the inverter has a reset switch in the wall. I have solar and inverter is in lower cupboard next to left side of Murphy bed. Should I remove inverter and look behind or attempt to go through back wall of outside left front compartment? Thanks for all the posts, have been pulling my hair out all summer trying to track this down.
Starriderz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 08:58 AM   #40
Trailer Park Supervisor

Find the inverter. It is likely in a compartment behind the remote inverter activation switch, behind those little pieces of paneling which are removable with a few screws. There is a breaker on the inverter, mine is on bottom of unit and marked with an arrow. Press it. Problems solved! This has happened to me more than once using high wattage items.

Tags
electric, electrical