Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-22-2014, 11:44 AM   #1

Has anyone used a wefi booster to improve WiFi signal at the campground?

I hear that the NETGEAR WN1000RP-100NAS works well.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forest River Forums mobile app

2012 F250 Super Duty
2013 Sabre 33CKTS
BuckeyeChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 01:10 PM   #2

I have camped next to a unit that used one (found out because we had crappy WIFI but I was "seeing" him on my AirPort "WIFI signals in range" so I asked him.

Turns out he was using a a Ubiquiti setup. (you can google that name for more info). Basically it's a WIFI signal booster antenna and router setup for your RV. Since it requires a WIFI router connected to the antenna, it will amplify the WIFI signal and brodcast that signal from your router (which is how I was picking up his hotspot next door)

Seems to work really well - he let me on as a guest and I was getting very good speeds (11mbs down). One of these is definately on my mod list - especially before we head out on the really long trips after retirement!
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 01:44 PM   #3

I have the NetGear WN3000RP. Cost about $70 at Walmart. It works pretty well and definitely improved the reception in the MH. It can be a pain to setup and the help from NetGear is non existent after 30 or 90 days.

2004 Georgetown 326DS
coupevillefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 04:17 PM   #4
2014 XLR 27HFS

Mamma loves her WIFI and when the CG service is bad, she isn't happy! As usual, you can spend as much as you want to get a great setup, but I bought this little fella because it is not expensive and (if you believe the reviews) it will tap into anything within a 2 mile radius.

Amazon.com: HIGH-POWER LONG RANGE AND HIGH SENSITIVITY CLIPPER B/G/N USB ADAPTER 950WN: Computers & Accessories
Old 07-02-2014, 06:18 PM   #5

I bot one for $100, went from no signal to workin almost as good at home, worth it if u use it often..... installed cd, plug into two usb ports, set antenna in a window facing park source, works like a charm.... has 20' cable with it, so can reach most windows in rv, also comes with a bracket to mount outside, but I never have used it
gregtx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mpg