Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-18-2016, 04:42 PM   #1

HD TV signal

I have a 2017 -30' FR3 with a Jack Digital HDTV Over-the-Air Antenna and Furrion LED HD TVs. When I run the channel auto scan on the TV, the signal meter on the antenna shows a strong signal ( all blue lights lit) and finds over 60 RF channels but no digital channels. The screen on the TV then shows "Please run Channel Auto Scan" even though it just completed scanning. I'm sure there are over the air HD channels as we're in the metro NY area.
Am I doing something wrong or is there something wrong with my equipment ?
BILL49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 04:58 PM   #2

Do you have a booster switch or button, needs to be on for over the air and off for cable
brookstone345sa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 05:43 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply. Yes the booster switch is on, otherwise the antenna power light wouldn't be on, and I get all 4 of the signal lights lit also, indicating good signal.
Old 12-18-2016, 05:51 PM   #4
Site Team

Not sure what you mean by RF channels. If you mean VHF and UHF channels 60 channels is still very high. Do you have the input on the TV set to over the air or cable?

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 06:03 PM   #5

First let me say Thank you for your service sir.
When the TV scans for channels, it shows Analog, Digital, and RF channels found. When I do a scan it says it's found 69 RF channels.. no Digital or analog ones ...thena screen returns saying "Please run Channel Auto Scan" ..which I just did..I have the input set to air... I set it to cable also with similar results.
Old 12-18-2016, 07:51 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILL49 View Post
First let me say Thank you for your service sir.
When the TV scans for channels, it shows Analog, Digital, and RF channels found. When I do a scan it says it's found 69 RF channels.. no Digital or analog ones ...thena screen returns saying "Please run Channel Auto Scan" ..which I just did..I have the input set to air... I set it to cable also with similar results.

Bill, I think what your seeing is the actual channel numbers being scanned, ie; 2-69. Those are the original VHF & UHF band channel numbers.

Then, as it counts up those numbers, if it should find a good signal it would then show in the digital or analog column (for over the air antenna, it should only find digital channels, analogs were phased out in 2009 - 2010). The only time you should get any analog channels is when you're hooked to a campground or household CABLE system because some cable systems take the digital signals and send them through the cable in analog form.

So, now, it seems to me that you have a loose or no coax cable connection between the Jack antenna signal indicator or antenna booster & the back of your Tv. Check for proper and or loose connections between the Jack antenna/antenna booster etc. Manufacturers have been known to forget to connect or left them loose.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 08:11 PM   #7

I thought it might be a loose cable too.. I checked and tightened the one on the back of the TV to no avail ( all the TV's react the same) .. all other cable terminations are concealed so I guess I'll have to start digging to find them...TNX for the help tho'
Old 12-18-2016, 08:37 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILL49 View Post
I thought it might be a loose cable too.. I checked and tightened the one on the back of the TV to no avail ( all the TV's react the same) .. all other cable terminations are concealed so I guess I'll have to start digging to find them...TNX for the help tho'

That answers my next question. I was going to ask if the other Tv did the same. I guess it's not a bad tuner in your Tv then.

Also, check the CABLE coax and ANTENNA coax. Manufacturers have been known to switch these during assembly. They might be hooked up backwards on the back of the booster.

BTW, didn't your PDI tech have EVERYTHING turned on & working when you did the PDI?
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 10:18 PM   #9

Yeah it worked out in Ohio but not when I got it back east.. that's why I'm thinking it may be a loose coax connection... the only problem is to find out where...
Old 12-19-2016, 03:56 AM   #10

Furrion TV's are absolute crap. I bet thats the problem. The one that came in our 2017 Roo had the worst picture quality I have ever seen I have a 1994 ish 35" RCA tube TV in the basement that has a better picture.
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 07:46 AM   #11

Take the cover off the piece on ceiling. Should be 3-4 screws holding it. Drop that down and you will have a splitter there. Large cable goes to camper, smaller one to the top of antenna. On mine I found that cables were loose. I also had to replace the smaller cable because it became twisted up and broke. I called King and they sent new one.
I now have box on ceiling center line marked. I only turn 180 degrees and then back the other way to keep the smaller cable from getting twisted. I am considering purchasing winegard rayzar. Too many problems with King Jack. The rayzar automatically locates strongest signals.
Also, if you use a cover on your camper, make sure to cover antenna with something before putting cover on. I had cover on and from the wind blowing, broke off antenna top.
brookstone345sa is offline   Reply With Quote