Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2021, 04:15 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolland View Post
Kathy, there are two fuses in ours, one 20 amp spade fuse in the distribution panel in the coach, a second one only accessible by removing the service panel. It’s the old style glass automotive fuse.

When we did our first trip with the fridge dead we packed an ice chest for many things, then had block ice in a Rubbermaid tote inside the fridge. Just like my first camper over 30 years ago that was just an ice box
Thank you for this information.

I love the idea of using the fridge with block ice! I borrowed a dorm cooler from a friend, just in case. But it will take up additional space inside and I wasn't looking forward to that. Your idea frees up that space!

Growing up I tent camped. We had this really cool Coleman cooler in the shape of a fridge. It had a section to freeze liquid into a block for cooling purposes. It worked great! My Mom used to freeze lemonade. That way, when the ice started to melt, it was a treat for us to drink! Your idea is the same. I can't believe I didn't think of it. Thanks again!

Kathy Fenlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 05:31 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolland View Post
Kathy, there are two fuses in ours, one 20 amp spade fuse in the distribution panel in the coach, a second one only accessible by removing the service panel. It’s the old style glass automotive fuse.

When we did our first trip with the fridge dead we packed an ice chest for many things, then had block ice in a Rubbermaid tote inside the fridge. Just like my first camper over 30 years ago that was just an ice box
Thank you for this information.

I love your rubbermaid tote/block ice idea! It allows use of the fridge without taking up the additional space a dorm fridge would.

When I was a kid we had a Coleman "refrigerator" cooler. The top had a place for you to freeze liquid to provide the cooling. My Mom used to fill it with lemonade. As it melted, it provided a tasty treat for us!
I can't believe I think of your idea.

Thanks for the happy memory!

~ Kathy
Kathy Fenlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 11:56 PM   #23

I'm having the same issue with this fridge. Tested all circuits, all coming in at 13.7v. Tested main 30 amp fuse and its good. Tested converter and its good. The strange thing is that when removing the 30 amp fuse from the converter panel the red light doesn't show, it does for other fuses when they are removed. Pulled fridge, tested all conductivity with the wiring and all was good at 13.7v.

I wasn't able to locate an inline glass fuse when removing the rear fridge panel after pulling the fridge. Is it buried under, do I need to pull out the wiring to locate it? Thank you!
SnapRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 03:43 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapRV View Post
I'm having the same issue with this fridge. Tested all circuits, all coming in at 13.7v. Tested main 30 amp fuse and its good. Tested converter and its good. The strange thing is that when removing the 30 amp fuse from the converter panel the red light doesn't show, it does for other fuses when they are removed. Pulled fridge, tested all conductivity with the wiring and all was good at 13.7v.

I wasn't able to locate an inline glass fuse when removing the rear fridge panel after pulling the fridge. Is it buried under, do I need to pull out the wiring to locate it? Thank you!
Mine was in plain site to the right of the electrical connections, near the fan. Sorry, didn’t get a photo to help.

On the wiring diagram it didn’t show a fuse but was their.
Rolland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 06:54 PM   #25

I was able to find the fuse after cutting a zip tie, thank you! Now it’s been impossible to actually find one of these locally. Of course we’ve planned a trip to leave tomorrow. Do I need to use a 5x20mm fuse? I know it needs to be at least 250v 15a but the 5x20mm is difficult to source in a day.
Old 08-04-2021, 08:46 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapRV View Post
I was able to find the fuse after cutting a zip tie, thank you! Now it’s been impossible to actually find one of these locally. Of course we’ve planned a trip to leave tomorrow. Do I need to use a 5x20mm fuse? I know it needs to be at least 250v 15a but the 5x20mm is difficult to source in a day.
If you have time to replace it with a spade
Fuse holder the same size as the ones in the panel I’d certainly do it. Im thinking it’s not a 15 amp fuse so pull it and see what it reads for the amperage.

I’m planning to do that sometime this fall. In ours we have an access door to get to the back side of the fridge. I will extend it far enough to gat it outside the back of the fridge sk all I have to do is remove the access panel and easily replace it if it blows.
Old 08-04-2021, 09:15 PM   #27

Was definitely thinking about replacing the location of the inline fuse connector as well. Ours has the access vent panel with a good sized whole on the left side where I could run some wiring to extend the holder. DW isn’t wanting me to tackle that just yet as the RV is less than 6 months old

Will a spade work instead? The inline is a glass slow blow/time delay not sure if replacing it with a spade allows for that same functionality or not. The fuse in the converter is 30a spade.
Old 08-05-2021, 09:37 AM   #28

I’m not sure if the glass fuse is a slow blow as well as if they have a slow blow in a spade fuse. If you have a NAPA store close by, they are my go to store for electrical stuff.
Old 08-05-2021, 10:21 AM   #29

Just finished up replacing the fuse with a ceramic style (all I could source on short notice). 250v 15a 5x20mm slow blow/time delay. Seems to be working. I bought a few extra just in case as well. Now to put it back in its home and off we go! What an adventure
Old 08-05-2021, 11:38 AM   #30

Awesome. Think I’ll be getting some extras next time I’m out.
Old 10-16-2021, 06:22 PM   #31

I know this is old but

So I just checked my 2021 26bhs that we got in April 2021 and the fridge wasn't working at all, light was on full battery everything seemed normal, so I disconnected the main positive from the battery waited about 30sec and hooked it back up and the fridge started working, might have been a temporary fix getting ready to take it out this weekend for some dry camping so I shall see
Cchudalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 10:01 AM   #32

Hello I hope you can help. After extensive research I think I know the Answer but maybe you have some Ideas. I have a 2020 Cherokee Wolf Pack 365 16 Forest River Camper it's the Biggest Toy hauler they Make. It was purchased out of Patriot RV in Kentucky and I live in NY. Since day 1 this 10.3 CF Furrion Fridge has been a lot of grief this camper has only been used 6 times and out of 6 times the Fridge has worked three times and we have lost a lot of food. I was originally told everything you can think of Check the power check the fuse oh the camper has to be perfectly level and so on and on at this point I give up this fridge is not right it will initially turn on light flickers and you can hear it run and shut off then every five minutes it just keeps doing the same thing over and over. Just last weekend I took the camper out and it ran and you could hear it on with out turning on and off and it acutely cooled but had heavy condensation 2 days later at home it was not working again.

Furrion has requested this sheet to be filed out anyone seen this sheet or do one?

Refrigerator Checklist for Warranty Request
Once completed – E-mail to support@Furrion.com
*Incomplete or inaccurate information will delay processing. Replacement parts will be shipped unless otherwise noted.
Dealer Name __________________________________ Dealer Account #________________________
Dealer Phone __________________________________ E-mail _________________________
Dealer Contact __________________________________ Dealer PO # __________________________
Customer Name __________________________________ Original Owner Yes / No
Shipping Address __________________________________ Case # __________________
City __________________________________ State ___________ Zip ____________
Coach Manufacturer ____________________________ Model of Coach ________________________________
Complete Coach VIN # _____________________________ Year of Coach ________________________________
Original date of purchase _____________________
Furrion Model # _____________________________________ Furrion Serial # _________________________________
Nature of the complaint: __________________________________________________ ______________________________________
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________ Diagnostic Information
Is there a visible refrigerant leak within or behind the Refrigerator? Yes \ No
**************** If a leak is identified, no additional testing is required ****************
*All electrical readings must be taken at the terminal block on the back of the refer
Does compressor run? _______________ Amp: __________ AC Volts: __________ DC Volts: __________
*If 12V*
Wire Length_________ Size______
With refrigerator running (battery only), What is the voltage drop between the battery and
Refrigerator Terminal Block? __________
With converter on (shore power), What is the voltage drop between the Battery and
Refrigerator Terminal Block? __________
Does light operate? Yes \ No
Does door seal and latch properly (If equipped)? Yes \ No
Is there airflow through the front vent (Use piece of paper to check)? Yes \ No
Does compressor cycle on and off? Yes \ No
Temperature Checks
Temp control set to mid setting
Ambient temperature in RV_____________
Prior to Operating After 2 Hour Run Time
Fresh Food_______ Freezer_______ Fresh Food_______ Freezer_______
Wine Compartment (14CUFT only): ________ Wine Compartment (14CUFT only): ________
rebelliners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 10:22 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomkatb View Post
The voltage of 12.1 is less than 50% of the battery. Plugged in indicates the converter is shot!

More info!

When you plug the 120 in the converter will begin charging.

About 14 volts is bulk. The fan that cools the converter will run until the battery is partially charged. Likely less than an hour.

If the battery is indeed 12.1 volts then the converter will lower its voltage to about 13.7 or so. Will likely not go to bulk mode. They are all a little different.

It then will take 24 hours or more to fully charge the battery. When the converter voltage drops to 13.1 that is pretty much fully charged.

Reading the voltmeter over about 12.6 is surface charge. Will settle down after an hour or so of minimal use.

At this point I would try the fridge. They do not like low voltage. First thing the light should work. Tells you it is getting 12 volts.

This eliminates the converter and battery as the issue thus, it is the fridge. Yes it should run on the converter. You need to narrow down the issue. Then it is the old, is the fridge getting power. Fuses all over the place and a voltmeter. Having an alligator clip to attach the voltmeter to a ground lets you use two hands.

Batteries are the weak link of modern rv’s. The dealer likely put a little marine battery on your unit. Worst case it will not last 5 hours.

An installed battery monitor is a good plan.
Something I have realized but haven't had time to test it seems like every time I am only plug into 110 house outlet fridge don't work it just kicks on and off when I am plug into 5oamp at camp site seems to work any ideas?
rebelliners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 09:15 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelliners View Post
Something I have realized but haven't had time to test it seems like every time I am only plug into 110 house outlet fridge don't work it just kicks on and off when I am plug into 5oamp at camp site seems to work any ideas?
Very interesting. Most times I have the trailer plugged in at home it’s into a 15 amp 110 receptacle. Our trailer is a 30 amp and also have that to plug into at home but usually only use it when needing the AC to work.
Old 03-11-2022, 11:36 AM   #35

12 volt refrigerator

Hi everyone. I was trying to find customer comments about 12 volt refrigerators. My 2018 Flagstaff "FLT 832IKBS" doesn't have one, but a relative recently purchased a 2022 Flagstaff "26FKBS" travel trailer equipped with one. After reading the comments concerning blown fuses, it seems that the mfg of the fridge, as well as the mfg of the RV, have gone out of their way to make access to the control/fuse panel of these appliances difficult. I believe that with a little imagination, the control/fuse panel could've been designed in the front of the fridge, instead of the rear, requiring the fridges removal, and while the 12 volt fridge doesn't require rear ventilation, having an access door behind the fridge would make accessing the rear mounted control/fuse panel very easy.
jmgunson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 04:05 PM   #36
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgunson View Post
Hi everyone. I was trying to find customer comments about 12 volt refrigerators. My 2018 Flagstaff "FLT 832IKBS" doesn't have one, but a relative recently purchased a 2022 Flagstaff "26FKBS" travel trailer equipped with one. After reading the comments concerning blown fuses, it seems that the mfg of the fridge, as well as the mfg of the RV, have gone out of their way to make access to the control/fuse panel of these appliances difficult. I believe that with a little imagination, the control/fuse panel could've been designed in the front of the fridge, instead of the rear, requiring the fridges removal, and while the 12 volt fridge doesn't require rear ventilation, having an access door behind the fridge would make accessing the rear mounted control/fuse panel very easy.
Please post the make and model number of the fridge.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 04:01 PM   #37
25 RRT

Cool FURIOUS 12v refrigerator is a joke

I was told I was getting a DOMETIC, bait and switch by Forest River at the mid 2019 mark.

Here we are less than three years and the Furion people knew it was a fuse and I need to go to a dealer.

So I pulled the refer out. Spent two hours removing two of eight screws that were stripped! Grrr

Having said all that.. the fuse was in tact!

Now what?

Lights, new batteries (I question the size? My husband picked them up)

Compressor goes on and off.. done..

Please I need help my husband is not mechanical. I am.

I just don’t know what to do next.

Where is the converter on a travel trailer? We did not get a book. We got a website.. it’s-a nightmare.
2017 Yamaha Wolverine

“Everyday is a Saturday”
Dig2dye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 04:08 PM   #38
25 RRT

Furrion refer glass fuse..

Should I change the fuse even though it appears to be in tact? Do they just go bad without breaking?
2017 Yamaha Wolverine

“Everyday is a Saturday”
Dig2dye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 04:26 PM   #39
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig2dye View Post

Where is the converter on a travel trailer? We did not get a book. We got a website.. it’s-a nightmare.
Converter locations vary by brand or model number of the RV.
Suggest that you go to your brand's sub-forum, in the Toyhauler section and ask you converter location question there. Not in this thread because it's about a Furrion fridge and it's in the Appliances sub-forum.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 07:46 PM   #40

I'm currently experiencing this with my 2020 Cherokee 22RR. Taking it to the shop in a couple weeks for repairs as I don't have the time to deal with it myself.
DennisSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge, furrion