Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-31-2011, 07:34 AM   #1

Red face Help please with concertone radio

I just recently bought a 2007 flagstaff and it has a concertone radio with DVD am FM CD etc that runs surround sound and all other stuff well the power light will light up red but the unit itself will not power on please any advice would be helpful
Redriver14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 08:33 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

First of all -- Welcome!!

I am a little confused as to the question. You say it "runs surround stuff and all other stuff well" but then it appears that you cannot power it on? You might clarify that.

This might not help you because we didn't find a solution to the problem, but my Genesis (Concertone) also would not power on and neither I nor my dealer could figure it out. We thought it was the wiring harness or a bad or loose connection but swapping out the harness did not correct it. It was replaced under warranty.

With yours, you could try to pull a fuse to reset it and see if that will work. Also, you might pull the radio out and check your connections.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 09:22 AM   #3

As a second suggestion I would pull it out and gently palace it in the nearest garbage can. Then go shopping for a double din car stereo. There are literally dozens that can play CD/DVD/MP3 discs and have far better quality. Check places like Crutchfield.com if you do not have any good car stereo stores in your area.
donn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 09:27 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Or alternatively look at the Jensen AWM970. I particularly like it because it is designed for RV use; especially the 3 speaker channels.
1969 John Deere 1020, 1940 Ford 9N, 1948 Ford 8N
Jonsered 535, Can of WD-40, Duct Tape
Red Green coffee mugs
acadianbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:38 PM   #5
BigMac

Hi....this is an old thread, but I searched it as I am having the exact same issue. The power light is red, showing it works, but the unit does not function (meaning no other buttons work or function. It does not actually power up eve though it seems to be getting some power to back light the power button red).

Was this ever resolved for you?
bmcilravey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:27 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcilravey View Post
Hi....this is an old thread, but I searched it as I am having the exact same issue. The power light is red, showing it works, but the unit does not function (meaning no other buttons work or function. It does not actually power up eve though it seems to be getting some power to back light the power button red).

Was this ever resolved for you?
First off - welcome!

Looks like RedRiver (the OP) never revisited after posting that question.

I had mine replaced under warranty because it was deemed to be the unit.

If you are not under warranty, then I would PM member Bob Fields or contact him or his people at the following (taken from his sig). They might be able to help diagnose.

Bob Fields
bfields@concertone.com
www.concertone.com
(574) 387-2790

You can also consider replacing with a different brand as mentioned above.

Good luck!

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:54 AM   #7
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
First try pulling the fuse for one minute and then try again.

If that does not work, then contact me as noted above. Of course we will need to know your radio model number as well.
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:44 PM   #8
TM4

Hi Bob, does all of your zx75 come with a remote? We purchased a new 2012 surveyor and there wasnt a remote. As well, how does it connect to the tv? Not having much luck figuring these things out on my own :-(
TM4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:22 AM   #9
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
Yes, the ZX75 should have come with a remote control.

There should be a yellow RCA connector near where the TV goes that plugs into your tv. Did the RV come with a TV or are you adding one yourself? The TV must have a single yellow RCA composite video input in order to receive the signal from the ZX75.
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:20 AM   #10

Angry Fuse pull works sometimes

Ours did that once, actually wouldn't turn off, either. A fuse pull did solve that problem.

However, now ours (ZX690) shows output on the front screen but no output is actually coming out, according to the car stereo guy we took it to. No sound at all from any of the speakers.

Ours is in our pretty new 2011 TT. Still trying to reach Concertone, no luck so far either by phone or email.
Goodrel8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:34 PM   #11
TM4

Hi, got ours somewhat figured out. Went back to the dealer and they found a remote that works with it. Still can't figure out what the B is for when it comes to output for the stereo/tv but oh well (A is for inside and C is for outside, B just doesn't seem to do anything). Working on the the aux and Sd card slot next, lol.
Thanks for getting back to me.
TM4
TM4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:41 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TM4 View Post
Hi, got ours somewhat figured out. Went back to the dealer and they found a remote that works with it. Still can't figure out what the B is for when it comes to output for the stereo/tv but oh well (A is for inside and C is for outside, B just doesn't seem to do anything). Working on the the aux and Sd card slot next, lol.
Thanks for getting back to me.
TM4
I had a Concertone in my previous trailer and the A was for the speakers in the main living area, the B was for the speakers in the bedroom, and C was the outside speakers.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 09:34 PM   #13

Send a message via AIM to King Yankee Send a message via Yahoo to King Yankee
not much consistency is there. My A=main, B=outside, C=surround, weather channels and am/fm don't work, but I did figure out the TV sound using the Concertone.
I also lost the weather channels on the truck radio too. so much fun.

Lexington GTS 300 S/S
Chevy Avalanche
Jeep Wrangler
Honda Goldwing
King Yankee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
concertone