Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-08-2017, 10:23 PM   #1

Holland companion grill hook up

Guys
I took the grill off the swing arm on my wildwood 28DBK and replaced it with a holland companion grill which should work great. My question is, has anyone ever figured out how to hook the holland up using the quick connect hose that came with the camper. It would be very convenient to just hook up to the camper LP that's plumbed into the outdoor kitchen area.
Thanks for your help
jodyfj40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 08:25 AM   #2

I have a Holland grill and I hook it up to a 20lb tank. I have been known to run out of LP in the camper and it's a good spare to have. You might google it and find someplace on the web that sells what you need
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 08:41 AM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodyfj40 View Post
Guys
I took the grill off the swing arm on my wildwood 28DBK and replaced it with a holland companion grill which should work great. My question is, has anyone ever figured out how to hook the holland up using the quick connect hose that came with the camper. It would be very convenient to just hook up to the camper LP that's plumbed into the outdoor kitchen area.
Thanks for your help
Not being familiar with the Holland but assuming it has a built in pressure regulator like Coleman's and others..... your problem is going to be using the low pressure quick connect hose. Since this hose is already being run thru a pressure regulator, then when you connect it to a grill with a built in pressure regulator..it's getting double regulated and most likely will not function correct.

The grill you replaced did not have a built in pressure regulator, and was only regulated via the low pressure quick connect hose.

We have many many threads on this, with Coleman being one of the main search terms. Some members have been successful in removing the grills built in regulator...while others install a T-connection at the RV's cylinders and before the RV's regulator, thus running a line off the hi-pressure side. This way they don't have to make any modification to the grill, but don't use the low pressure line either.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 08:50 AM   #4

We have a Holland grill and it is either "On or Off" no Temp adjustment! The book say's "If your lookin it ain't cookin",time only cooking! It is not very good for steaks or burgers! To adapt to a very Low PSI RV line would require a larger dia.jet! Youroo!!
Old 03-09-2017, 01:54 PM   #5

I found the best way is to run a high pressure line. (Before your tank regulator)
doughboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 04:04 PM   #6

I have the Holland Hertige, regular grill, it has to be feed off tank with regulator. If this is the case, you can have a hose made up with quick connect on one end, what you need on the other. I would suggest at least 10 feet of hose, to get away from camper. Had my hose made up with quick connect at a hardware store that sells a lot of qrills burners and the like. I have a Camp Chef stove grill combo I have hauled and used all over country. Cost 5 years ago was around $25.
Days camped in FR 2011-12 = 77, 13-14 = 98, 15-16 = 129
17 = 81, 18 = 44, 19 = 83, 20= 45, 21 = 76, 22 = 57, 23 = 42
Retired :
satdog01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 11:07 AM   #7

I purchased the Holland Compainion grill about 6 years ago. Thought it would be a great grill, WAS I WRONG. You could not keep it lit in a low wind condition, even if you tried to place it out of the wind. So after I got tired of screwing around with it I put it in the barn for about 3 years. Went back to a little weber charcoal grill.
I went to Hollands web site and found this is a common problem with this model of grill, and some people received free of charge an updated part to correct the problem. I contacted Holland to see if I could get the free part so I could use my grill, nope, they would sell me one for around $50. I think when you pay the money they charge for this thing it should stay lit. Then I ran into a guy at a campground in Cali. and he was cooking on the same grill, went over and talked to him, he said he could not keep his grill lit, and was very disappointed in Holland as well, he took the guts out of it and was using charcoal. When I got home, I did the same thing, now I use it again, but just without any gas...
Ridgerunr is offline   Reply With Quote