Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-26-2013, 11:32 PM   #1
cas

Exclamation hot water tank

Hello I am wondering why does my hot water tank have a electric plug in cord on it model number sw6de? Should it be plugged in or not. This may be a silly question but my husband has passed away and I am just trying to learn all these things. Also I have a water leak at the very back of the 5th wheel Cedar Creek 26ft 1999 the is like a meshy cloth under the back and it is dripping from there actually it is full of water any ideas?
cas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:21 AM   #2

some water heater are gas and electric, I would take it into a shop and get it fix asap ,water damage and mold could become a big problem for you
Old 06-27-2013, 01:52 AM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cas View Post
Hello I am wondering why does my hot water tank have a electric plug in cord on it model number sw6de? Should it be plugged in or not. This may be a silly question but my husband has passed away and I am just trying to learn all these things. Also I have a water leak at the very back of the 5th wheel Cedar Creek 26ft 1999 the is like a meshy cloth under the back and it is dripping from there actually it is full of water any ideas?
Howdy cas, sorry to hear about your loss.

This forum link below may help explain the operation about your Suburban SW6DE water heater. You will have to have the electric cord on the water heater plugged into an outlet (which there should be one right there behind the water heater somewhere) if you want to ever power the water heater on electricity by using the water heaters electric heating element. Always make sure there is water in the heater before using the electric heating element or you will burn up the element.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ore-36197.html

As far as water dripping, this doesn't sound good. If you have water hooked up to the trailer, I would immediately disconnect it until the cause of the leak is found.

Water leaks and/or water infiltration from rain will possibly ruin the walls and floors of a RV. This is something that must be fixed ASAP.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote