Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-24-2013, 10:44 PM   #1

How Do I Control Speakers?

I just purchased my 2014 Sandstorm T270SLR. When I got home I noticed the subwoofer isnt working and I cant figure out how to turn off the outside speakers. Any info will help.
Kojack1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 01:43 AM   #2
Site Team

it would help if you posted the brand and model of entertainment system your trailer has.
not all FR RV's have the same ones.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 07:38 AM   #3

Not sure on your system but some radios use the fader to control in versus outside speakers. Worth a shot to move it all front or all rear.
sponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:30 AM   #4

Does your stereo unit have buttons labeled 'A' and 'B'? Usually the A if for the interior speakers and the B is for the exterior. Pushing them will turn on/off the speakers. Don't know what to tell you about the sub except a loose wire maybe?
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 09:07 AM   #5

On my Forest River Work and Play Toy Hauler it took me a while to figure it out how to switch between the garage, the outside patio, and the kitchen areas, it was with the Balance and the Fader controls. Nothing in the manuals, and the sales people didn't know.
jamesroadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:19 PM   #6

The brand is DUAL and the model # is XDVD1262
Old 10-08-2013, 05:59 PM   #7

I have the same stereo in the Stealth 2313 that I just bought. You have to use the fader which is a little hard to find. Touch the word "Dual" when you are in AV1 or AV2. It will then bring up the fader. Mine has to be all the way on the front to turn off the outside speakers. Each time you disconnect your battery using the switch it will default back to both sets of speakers on.

I'm not all that impressed with the stereo. No Bluetooth and no HDMI. I believe the entry level Jensen unit has Bluetooth and also HDMI.
hammick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 06:10 PM   #8

So I figured out there was also a burnt fuse. It works now but that sub woofer sounds like crap! Does your stealth also have the subwoofer sitting right underneath the fridge?
Old 10-08-2013, 09:06 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammick View Post
I have the same stereo in the Stealth 2313 that I just bought. You have to use the fader which is a little hard to find. Touch the word "Dual" when you are in AV1 or AV2. It will then bring up the fader. Mine has to be all the way on the front to turn off the outside speakers. Each time you disconnect your battery using the switch it will default back to both sets of speakers on.

I'm not all that impressed with the stereo. No Bluetooth and no HDMI. I believe the entry level Jensen unit has Bluetooth and also HDMI.
So I fgured out it was a burnt fuse. It works now but that sub woofer sounds terrible and it seems to be an engineering issue. Is the speaker in your stealth located just under the refridgerator? Im not sure how to handle this since its not really a warranty issue. Everything around the speaker just rattles because there is no actual enclosure.
Old 11-12-2013, 10:58 AM   #10

My sub was way too hot and made everything rattle. Play around with the crossover settings on your kicker amp. Mine is mounted above the door side cabinets. Mine now sounds fine. Also make sure loudness is turned off on your dual head unit. The dual doesn't have any crossover controls.

I may change out the head unit in the future.
hammick is offline   Reply With Quote