Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-14-2018, 02:17 PM   #1

Question How to get cable in bedroom?

Maybe it's just not possible? I am at a campground that has free cable. If I plug the cable on the "outside" into what appears to be satellite...

Then plug the inside cable in the entertainment center to "satellite" it works and I can find cable channels when scanning...

If I leave it in the bottom coax and do scans I only pick up OTA channels. I've tried swamping the cable on the outside but it doesn't find any channels at all.

Now, that said, in the bedroom, I see this...

I get zero channels either cable or OTA in the top plug. I can "only" get OTA channels in the bottom plug.

This is a 2018 rockwood 2906WS. Is the bedroom just not wired to get cable when you plug it in?

As it stands now with cables in the pics you see above, I get cable in the living room and only OTA channels in the bedroom.

Any ideas? Am I goofing it?

Thanks!!

James
2012 Ram 2500HD 6.7L Cummins
Equal-i-zer 4 Point Hitch
stormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 02:37 PM   #2
Site Team

Did you turn off the antenna booster button?
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 02:38 PM   #3

Connect the park cable to the cable port (left one). Move the front TV connection to the TV port. Leave the bedroom as is. Turn off the OT antenna booster and set the TV"s to cable and run a scan. See if that does it.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 03:36 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
Connect the park cable to the cable port (left one). Move the front TV connection to the TV port. Leave the bedroom as is. Turn off the OT antenna booster and set the TV"s to cable and run a scan. See if that does it.
OK! Well, that did the trick. Moved it to outside cable, moved inside cable to TV and left bedroom alone. Turning off the OTA power did the trick! Well, sheesh, I would never have figured that out. LOL! Thanks a lot!!

James
2012 Ram 2500HD 6.7L Cummins
Equal-i-zer 4 Point Hitch
stormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 03:54 PM   #5
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Turning off the antenna power switch not only keeps power from going to the antenna, it also switches the input (behind the wall plate) to the coax connected to the outside cable port.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=86
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, cable, roo