Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-03-2016, 02:43 PM   #1

how to reverse image from Back up camera

How do you reverse the image in the back up camera? This is in a 2010 Sunseeker 3100, and the image is displayed in a rear view mirror replacement monitor. The only name I can find is TFT LCD on the remote. I have gone thru the menu and there is no option to change the orientation. For this camera there is no control box under the steering column. Unfortunately if there was an owners manual that came with the Motorhome it is no longer with the other manuals. I recall having to do something with the remote to get the image to reverse when we purchased it new, but do not remember what it was. The dealer service department did not recall either. I have searched the forum and everything I have found does not address this model of camera for this issue.

Jody Cook
Georgetown TX
JCook1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 05:08 AM   #2
Site Team

Hopefully someone with your model will come along and have the answer you need.

What is the brand of the backup system?
Old 07-04-2016, 05:15 AM   #3
Sky&Scuba

What's the model of the LCD Screen?

I have one of these when I setup my wireless camera on my camper and it allows you to flip the image in any direction.

https://www.amazon.com/Sunvalleytek-...dp/B004Y3FE6O/

If anything you could buy a new monitor such as this that allows you to flip the image.

Old 07-04-2016, 08:56 AM   #4

There is no name on the monitor. It is one that looks like a rear view mirror, but is only a monitor (no mirror function).
Old 07-04-2016, 12:23 PM   #5

Cool

I have a 2010 FR Lexington with a MobileVision Color Rearview Camera Model C125. The Rearview mirror is a Magnadyne Mirror/Monitor.

I do not know if this helps but in the camera instructions under Troubleshooting " Upside Down Image" / Solution is "Check Camera Mounting"

Good Luck!
Lewis96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 12:25 PM   #6

Mine has a Magnadyne M4 here is a link to the manual.
M4-LCD Magnadyne Touch Screen GPS Navigation Car Stereo
If you want to display the view on the dash screen that is done on the dash unit not the "mirror" monitor.
edcronin01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 12:32 PM   #7

I believe you just need to push the right or left arrow or the mode select button to scroll through the different images on each camera. should be normal, reverse, and the upside down normal and reverse. I can double check that later if it doesnt work for you but its for sure one of the buttons, you don't need to go to the menu.
Old 07-04-2016, 12:51 PM   #8

I have a 2016 Sunseeker 2700 DSF with the same camera system. Manufacturer is RVS Systems. Use the internet to download their manual. Page 14 states to rotate image, press Menu (M) 7 times then use UP & Down Arrow keys to orient the image. Hope that helps. Also the multiplexer itself has a "Mirror/Normal Switch", but I don't know where the multiplexer is mounted. Try above first.
pkeene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 03:01 PM   #9

Thank you for all the replies. Pressing the Menu button scrolls thru video settings, (contrast, color, etc.) From an old post here I think it is possibly a Chinese made system. It has a round, white camera and the monitor is a rear view mirror replacement. It has no monitor in the dash/radio.
Old 07-04-2016, 03:45 PM   #10

Like pkeene, I have a 2016 Sunseeker. Here is a link to the rear monitor system we have:
RVS-770619N | Backup Camera System with 7" Replacement Mirror Monitor | Rear View Safety

Compare the unit in the link to yours. If this is the same as yours, his instructions are good to follow.
WayneLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 05:24 PM   #11

I have the same unit (2010) and added an additional camera alongside the original one. One keeps an eye on the toad and the other the entire rear scope so I can see upcoming traffic and passing trucks etc. I bought the unit as 'used' with only 7500 miles and believe I did receive all relative manuals including the rear view mirror monitor. I was told Forest River purchased a large quantity of these monitors, however they are no longer available for parts. Good luck on your quest for a solution to your issue.
JEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 12:26 AM   #12
2007 WildCat 32QBBS

Some cameras have a small wire near the main plugs. If you cut the single small gauge wire (usually red or blue wire) it will flip, or mirror, the image.
I'd remove the camera and inspect the wires. Post a picture of the harness if you can.
Here's a picture as an example. The camera may be different than yours.

Just fully read original post. This info may not pertain to you. Disregard.
18CrewDually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 06:55 AM   #13

I am guessing ours is the Magnadyne ???
I have never seen either in the menu or the booklet anything about changing image ?
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
back up camera