Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2014, 09:47 PM   #1

How's this for a weird one???

In a prior post I was asking for help in trying to hook up my TV to play thru my A or B speakers. It would only play thru C the outside speakers. After spending all afternoon found that if I removed the speaker connector where it plugs into the Genesis 2.0 and wiggled it around I could get the speakers to work, but would soon loose the connection. The funny or not so funny part is that when it was playing the porch light would cone on with the switch in the off position. I then could turn the porch light switch to the on position and I would loose my A and b speakers. Crazy. Any idea's. Short???? I was running on battery power.
2 Old Fossils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 10:54 AM   #2

Evereddie your the man. Went out this morning and checked as per your info, I found no 12v on the speaker wires, turned on the porch light and had 12v. Got to thinking when I found the bad speaker I cut the wires going to the bad one, everything was working up till then. I started then to trying to hook up the TV. While I was in there I thought I would reconnect the bad speaker seeing how it was unhooked at the speaker itself so I wouldn't have to pull the Genesis again after I find a replacement speaker. I started to cut the wires again but instead I reached inside the cabinet and could pull slack on all the wires except the set I had 12v on. Pulled a little harder and it came loose. Just about 4" into the cabinet I found a small hole in the wire, I guess a staple or something. Rechecked and all was good. Radio, all good speakers, and even the TV worked as I wanted. Thanks again.
2 Old Fossils is offline   Reply With Quote