Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-20-2019, 07:28 AM   #1
bli

Hughes auto Surge protector

Does anyone have feedback on the newer Power Watchdog 50 Amp Smart Bluetooth Surge Protector with Auto Shutoff.

https://hughesautoformers.com/product/pwd50-epo/
bli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 06:04 PM   #2

Hughes Power Watchdog + EPO units

Hey everyone,

The Power Watchdog + EPO (emergency power off), are the new units from Hughes Autoformers. They are a surge protector like all the rest, however, these units will automatically shutoff (and restore) power to the coach if needed. They would do this due to low voltage or high voltage, too many amps, open ground or open neutral, reversed polarity, and even open neutral from the coach end.

They feature 2,400 Joules of protection for the 30 am units and 4,800 Joules for the 50 amp units. The surge protection modules are replaceable. If the surge module goes out within the first two years of purchase, we will send a replacement module for free.

As icing on the cake, our Power Watchdog surge protector line is the only smart RV surge protector out there where you can get wireless alerts and notifications sent to your phone. You can also use your phone or tablet and check in real time you power use, draw, watts and kilowatt hours.
Hughes Autoformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 11:21 AM   #3
Always Learning

This seems like a good option for a portable EMS. One of my biggest dislikes for the portables was that I couldn't see what it was doing from inside- you had to go outside to see the display. Having it available on the phone is an interesting offering.
Old 06-14-2019, 12:00 PM   #4

Videos of Power Watchdog Surge Protector

I am sure that all RV owners will be amazed by the features! I am not just saying that because I work here. There are many useful features like balancing your power legs with your appliances. You can also keep a mental track of the amps your AC units draw. If you notice over time the AC units are drawing more and more amps, you can check if a filter needs cleaned or the unit is getting old, etc.

Here is one of our videos.

https://hughesautoformers.com/videos...-55cd2192-a98f
Hughes Autoformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 12:09 PM   #5
Citrus County, Fl.

Good to see Hughes join the forum. There are quite a few electricians on here who may be interested. I agree that it's a great alternative for the ones that can see what is going on inside the rig. This is especially important with a 30 amp hook up and why I went with the hard wired.
99 Terry 31G
GL1800Rider is offline   Reply With Quote