Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-06-2014, 11:11 AM   #1

ice maker

Just purchased a new Cedar Creek 36RE fifth wheel with a residential Whirlpool frig. The ice maker is not working so I want to make sure the water value is on. I've looked for it under the kitchen slide but the slide is totally encased and cannot be accessed. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.
doedwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 10:31 PM   #2

Pull it out, its on wheels, put some carpet under not to scratch the floor. Check hose at the back if water is in fact being supplied. Also, most fridges have a switch inside for "ice on and ice off" check fridge manual for that.

Sent from my Lenovo P780 using Forest River Forums mobile app
Kuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 10:54 PM   #3

ice maker

Unfortunately our frig is built in and about 3-4 inches off the floor. If the valve is behind the frig, we will get some help to pull it out. We had read it was in the back of the drawer under the oven but once we looked there we could see the water line but no valve. How does FR expect a new owner to know where the valve is let alone pull out the frig to open the value? There is no info on this in the owners manual or the ice maker manual. The dealer told us all had been checked out and everything was ready to go. Frustrating......
Old 04-07-2014, 12:30 AM   #4

Go outside - UNDER (way under!) the slide, there are valves near the fridge. One of them is still closed. If you haven't gotten this fixed by morning, please let me know. I'll take pics and send them to you.
Duramax/Allison
Full timers since 5/30/2013
OL Creeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 04:43 AM   #5

The shut off valve is under the slide like Ol Creeker said, the valve has to be pushed In for it to work. If you have a dishwasher the valve is behind the heater return grate to the left of the dishwasher, you have to take the four scews out remove the grate, the shut off valve is in there. Good luck with your new rig.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:35 AM   #6

ice maker

I have crawled all the way under the kitchen slide ( way back in) and cannot locate any valves. The entire slide is encased underneath and I can see no access. What am I doing wrong?
Old 04-07-2014, 10:44 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by OL Creeker View Post
Go outside - UNDER (way under!) the slide, there are valves near the fridge. One of them is still closed. If you haven't gotten this fixed by morning, please let me know. I'll take pics and send them to you.
(just figured out how to respond directly to you)
I went under the entire kitchen slide, way in, but see no valves and no access- entire slide appears to be sealed??? What am I doing wrong?
Old 04-07-2014, 11:09 AM   #8

I found and opened the dishwasher water valve no problem earlier it's just the valve for the ice maker thst's deluding me. Thanks for your comments.