Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2018, 09:25 PM   #1

Irv 66 REAR hdmi cable Help

Please help. I have an IRV 66 and I watch regular tv from the antenna plus I have a dish. My dish was breaking up and skipping really bad. I did all my dish trouble shooting. Got all new wire. Even bought a new dish. Finally when I unplugged the hdmi from the back of my tv (it runs into my wall and into the back of my iRV 66) and plugged a new hdmi wire in.... all cleared up. So I pulled the face off the stereo . Pulled the stereo out. Ran new hdmi cable and the damn sound will not come out of the stereo from the antenna tv. I ran the cable from my dish thru the back and into the rear hdmi 1 port and it works fine when I switch the sources as needed. But I plugged the hdmi from the tv to the Arch 1 (not sure if this was where it originally was.. I know.. stupid i didn’t look ) but I have tried every hdmi port and I can’t get the sound for the tv on the antenna back thru the stereo. I have tried the different ports on the tv and the difference ports on the back of the IRV 66. I have tried the old hdmi. Able and two new hdmi cables. Can someone please confirm which hdmi in the back of the irv66 the hdmi should go to that runs from the tv. Thx.
A1notary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 07:15 AM   #2

Here is a link to the iRV66 manual in case you don’t have one. I would have to pull my unit out to tell you exactly how I did it, but it was simple and the only problem I had was working out which HDMI port to use on my TV. I have three ports on the TV and I don’t know why two wouldn’t work and one would.

Bruce

https://pdf.crutchfieldonline.com/Im...32/932RV66.PDF
Old 07-21-2018, 09:07 AM   #3

Thx I dot have the manual. I tried all the ports in my tv too.
Old 07-22-2018, 06:11 AM   #4

Did You Work it Out?

A1notary,

Did you work this out yet? If not, would you like me to pull out my iRV66 to see how I hooked it up? It’s not a problem, but I don’t want to do it unless you are still having problems. I can take pictures and describe it for you.

Bruce
Old 07-22-2018, 12:27 PM   #5

I have not figured it out. I can’t get my tv while watch No the antenna channels to work they the stereo at all.
I have figured out that if I run my satellite thru my front hdmi I have a rediculous amount of interference. If I run my satellite direct to my tv I have a clear picture with no lines or snow or picture flashing. If I plug it into the stereo the picture will get snow and lines and actually cut out completely.

I’m wondering if my stereo is fried.

But yes I would appreciate you confirming what slot the hdmi cable from the tv plugs into so I know I’m not crazy.

Thanks so much.
Old 07-22-2018, 12:55 PM   #6

Sound only flows from the TV to the stereo if the port labeled HDMI ARC is used. I believe it stands for Audio Return Channel. See if any of your HDMI ports are labeled ARC.
Old 07-22-2018, 03:15 PM   #7

I saw where it had arc. It showed a 1,2,3 arc. With a line ... see picture ... I can’t attach picture from my phone but it is just like the user manual shows. https://pdf.crutchfieldonline.com/Im...32/932RV66.PDF
On page 21.
Old 07-24-2018, 07:47 PM   #8
ADK

Checked mine today, my Dish HDMI cable goes to HDMI 2 on my tv. The HDMI 1 cable on my tv which also says ARC on it goes to my IRV receiver ARC input. I listen to the tv speakers without the IRV receiver on, I turn on the receiver and change mode to HDMI ARC and it plays thru the receiver and speakers and turns off the tv speakers automatically. Hope you have yours figured out.
2018 Rockwood #8328BS
ADK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 06:13 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1notary View Post
I have not figured it out. I can’t get my tv while watch No the antenna channels to work they the stereo at all.
I have figured out that if I run my satellite thru my front hdmi I have a rediculous amount of interference. If I run my satellite direct to my tv I have a clear picture with no lines or snow or picture flashing. If I plug it into the stereo the picture will get snow and lines and actually cut out completely.

I’m wondering if my stereo is fried.

But yes I would appreciate you confirming what slot the hdmi cable from the tv plugs into so I know I’m not crazy.

Thanks so much.
I’m sorry! Somehow, I missed this post from a couple of days ago. I think I will be able to find time today to pull my unit and post some pictures for you.

Bruce
Old 07-25-2018, 07:07 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1notary View Post

Please help. I have an IRV 66 and I watch regular tv from the antenna plus I have a dish. My dish was breaking up and skipping really bad. I did all my dish trouble shooting. Got all new wire. Even bought a new dish. Finally when I unplugged the hdmi from the back of my tv (it runs into my wall and into the back of my iRV 66) and plugged a new hdmi wire in.... all cleared up. So I pulled the face off the stereo . Pulled the stereo out. Ran new hdmi cable and the damn sound will not come out of the stereo from the antenna tv. I ran the cable from my dish thru the back and into the rear hdmi 1 port and it works fine when I switch the sources as needed. But I plugged the hdmi from the tv to the Arch 1 (not sure if this was where it originally was.. I know.. stupid i didn’t look ) but I have tried every hdmi port and I can’t get the sound for the tv on the antenna back thru the stereo. I have tried the different ports on the tv and the difference ports on the back of the IRV 66. I have tried the old hdmi. Able and two new hdmi cables. Can someone please confirm which hdmi in the back of the irv66 the hdmi should go to that runs from the tv. Thx.
HDMI-ARC to HDMI-ARC, but, check me out here, I think that does it playing DVDs, but not the TV going the other direction. I've had 2 TVs and 3 iRV66 Both of the TVs had RCA pin jacks connected to the iRV and the SRC had to be set to the TV audio selection to play the tv through the iRV. If you have something else besides the Toshiba (1st tv) or the Furrion(2nd tv) that doesn't have the RCA audio pins, lets say a mini headphone jack or OIS(optical), that is probably where you want to come out to the iRV- RCA pin jack or to the iRV- OIS input. Most TVs now dont have the RCA audio jacks, so you're stuck with headphone jack and necessary connector or OIC.

If you use a digital optical/ Toslink cable which works fine, you will scroll through the SRC options on the iRV66 to one labeled OIS/ xxx?. That's where the optical signal connects. Good Luck!
jeff64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 07:17 AM   #11

I think your problem is the replacement HDMI cable.
I had this problem with my soundbar and television at home. Not all HDMI cables support ARC. My solution was to order an Amazon brand HDMI Cable, which was labeled ARC. If the cable doesn't support ARC, it doesn't have the wiring for that channel.
1995 GMC Yukon Sport
1986 Jayco1016PUP
Days Camped:'13-10 '14-20 '15-6 '16-9 '17-14 '18-3 '19-12 '20-14 '21-12
XenoRev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 07:57 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenoRev View Post
I think your problem is the replacement HDMI cable.
I had this problem with my soundbar and television at home. Not all HDMI cables support ARC. My solution was to order an Amazon brand HDMI Cable, which was labeled ARC. If the cable doesn't support ARC, it doesn't have the wiring for that channel.
Never knew that till you mentioned it. My luck, the ole FR gotcha on the el cheapo HDMI cable
jeff64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cable, irv