Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-13-2018, 08:12 PM   #1

iRV 66 Sound Issue

I have a 2015 Rockwood with an iRV 66 multimedia unit. Everything seems to work properly except consistent sound. Anything played through the unit (DVD, radio, Bluetooth, etc) the sound will cut in and out. I have surround speakers in the ceiling and the "skipping" sound happens with all speakers. It resembles a skipping DVD or CD. Is it worth taking the head unit out from the wall and seeing if there's a loose connection? Or is there something else at play here. Thanks for the help.
Dknewton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 08:35 PM   #2

Yeah, it's probably worth taking apart and checking all the connections. If that doesn't do it, you can get a hold of the company and they will fix you up. You will have to do a search; I don't remember the guy's name or anything, but I do remember I told him of our problems and he just took our credit card # and sent us a new unit. For free of course. He doesn't charge your card. Way easier than trying to go through your dealer. I still have trouble playing some DVDs, but not worth the effort to get it repaired/replaced as these units really are pieces of crap. Mine is at the top of my wish list to replace, including the speakers. Good luck!
RangeMaggotBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 10:49 AM   #3

Common problem. At low volumes they will cut out. We did the exchange on unit and no problems with replacement unit. When we pulled it out we also added extra HDMI cables to hook up Blue Ray player. You may also want to improve antenna reception at same time. Lots of posts and photos on these topics.

Tags
irv