Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-11-2015, 12:32 PM   #21

I agree with you, Hobo, the volume is still too loud, can't get it under 6. But our Dealer back home walked us thru the DVD situation. All it was was putting the TV on HDMI 1 and we selected on the tv remote "picture size" and chose THEATRE #2, that just about filled the whole tv.
nikita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 05:07 PM   #22

iRV 33 sound loss

I just purchased a 2015 Flagstaff Micro Lite with the iRV 33 and it also "disables" the speakers after some time period. Shutting off power and waiting for a few minutes brings back the sound. I will be visiting my dealer for this as well, but it does seem to me that this could be internal overload detection in the output amplifier. The specs in the manual are somewhat vague, but the manual seems to indicate that the amplifier is capable of 50 watts and the 4 ohm speakers are only rated at 30 watts.
RobertRazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 07:55 PM   #23

I have a 2015 forest river 8312ss. I noticed the stereo issue when I brought my home. I called the dealer and took the camper back 1 week after I bought it. They kept it at there lot for the winter (free storage&#128526. They supposedly fixed it, I checked it out and nope not right. I put a decibel meter on it and found at volume level 1 it is a 70 decibels. That's too loud. I called Mark about this and he is sending me the radio directly. Well I'm on my third radio and still not right. Don't get me wrong I don't mind going this route because my dealer is an hour away and I like my camper at home. I was told these radios are $600 each retail, now I have $1800 worth of stereos sitting in my basement now. They wok great except for the volume issue.
Old 04-02-2015, 08:44 PM   #24

Angry iRV 33 Remote Control

My remote control is broken. Has anyone tried a universal remote with this radio. I can't find anything online on where to get a replacement.
Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 02:48 PM   #25
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
You must be under warranty to get it replaced as long as it is not damaged. You should be able to coordinate that with your dealer pretty easily...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squid View Post
My remote control is broken. Has anyone tried a universal remote with this radio. I can't find anything online on where to get a replacement.
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 07:15 PM   #26

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Big Rig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 04:20 PM   #27

Quote:
We to have had issues with the remote not working at times, the other is no TV sound thru the speakers...
2011 HD Road King
Nights camped since 2019.....all of Em...Homes a 2001 Sea Breeze 36' 5 ER
yetavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 05:33 PM   #28

Quote:

No, but the IRV has an app for Apple and Android. Search IRV33 or IRV66 in your App Store. You can control many of the radio functions with the App.
CJhstn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 11:17 AM   #29

So I have to play with my system a little more (just picked up yesterday), but initial observations:

1 - inside speakers were loud enough at volume levels 1 thru 3, but the outside speakers would be inaudible. If I made it so you could hear the outside speakers, the inside speakers were way too loud (and my ears are old).

2 - we couldn't get TV Audio to play.

Seems like both of these are issues that people had in this thread. I'm going to go out and hunt around for settings tonight, and try the iOS app. Any tips?
alfista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 03:22 PM   #30
Engineer of Crazy Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfista View Post
So I have to play with my system a little more (just picked up yesterday), but initial observations:

1 - inside speakers were loud enough at volume levels 1 thru 3, but the outside speakers would be inaudible. If I made it so you could hear the outside speakers, the inside speakers were way too loud (and my ears are old).

2 - we couldn't get TV Audio to play.

Seems like both of these are issues that people had in this thread. I'm going to go out and hunt around for settings tonight, and try the iOS app. Any tips?
Same here. Dont have a solution yet for outside speakers, but for TV audio, I disconnected it from the back of the IRv where FR connected it and changed it to digital coaxial imput, and moved it to the digital coaxial out on the tv. This only uses one connection and gives you one that is not in use. Also, you have to use digital in instead of tv. I think it is like dac/dfc.
Locomotive Engineer
Nights Camping --- 2015 - 19 Camped | Winterized -- 2014 -18
Come read my Camping Blogs
ChooChooMan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 09:59 AM   #31

iRV 33 Radio

I tried everything you can think of and the CD Changer won't work. I called my dealer (Funtown) and they said they are having lots of problems with the units. It needs replaced. I called Forest River and talked to them, they even got a unit and tried to see what i was talking about. The unit is bad. I need to have it replaced. I am sure it is Chinese made. I think i will ask to get a new radio shipped to me and i'll put it in. Can't be too tough. I hate taking the trailer in JUST for that. I may wait and then take it in later i case someting else pops up. The iRV33 is not a good unit. Many problems.
larryallenmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 07:40 AM   #32

DVD player now wont read DVDs that its played before....
2011 HD Road King
Nights camped since 2019.....all of Em...Homes a 2001 Sea Breeze 36' 5 ER
yetavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 09:10 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChooChooMan74 View Post
Same here. Dont have a solution yet for outside speakers, but for TV audio, I disconnected it from the back of the IRv where FR connected it and changed it to digital coaxial imput, and moved it to the digital coaxial out on the tv. This only uses one connection and gives you one that is not in use. Also, you have to use digital in instead of tv. I think it is like dac/dfc.
Took mine apart to get a look, and it turned out they put the TV-Audio Input into the wrong set of RCA Jacks. So I corrected that problem. Outside speakers are still too quiet when using the internal speakers, and the iRV App does not sync the speakers statuses properly.
Old 04-26-2015, 03:21 PM   #34

I received a new radio from Patrick Ind. and installed it today. The sound on the AM-FM radio is great now. Full volume control from 1 and up. The CD’s and SD card volume is better but even at a level of 1 it’s fairly loud. Overall this is much better.
74 nights camped in 2016, 121 nights camped in 2015
Cmccul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 01:57 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by yetavon View Post
We to have had issues with the remote not working at times, the other is no TV sound thru the speakers...
Yetavon - you may want to pull out your radio and look at the inputs. Mine was installed wrong and an easy fix. There are still other issues with the radio, however.
Old 05-03-2015, 02:29 PM   #36

iRV 33 - Sound for TV

Hi

I can't get the sound for the TV from the IRV 33 speakers, we have a red and white, cable, along with a HDMI. What do I need to set to achieve the sound from the speakers for the TV. Right now the only sound on the TV side is the speakers on the back of the TV.

David
flight602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 02:31 PM   #37

Explain what you did to fix the wiring issue to get the sound from the IRV 33 speakers for the TV. I'm guessing it's now plugged in correctly, everything else appears to work fine.
Old 05-03-2015, 03:27 PM   #38

flight602 - for me, the Red/White RCA cables that go into the TV out were plugged into an output on the back of the iRV. Once I put them into the TV-Audio input, everything worked fine.
Old 05-03-2015, 03:39 PM   #39

How do I access behind the iRV unit?
Old 05-03-2015, 04:18 PM   #40

Put a DVD in the we have sound from the speakers and the TV speakers. So the only time we just have sound from the TV speakers is when we are using the TV with just the antenna. So I'm guessing our HDMI cable is allowing the unit to work properly for the DVD portion, and the RCA cables need to be switched on the unit to make it work for sound from the speakers for just TV.

Tags
radio