Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-05-2020, 09:21 PM   #1

IRV66 entertainment receiver

My Rockwood 5th wheel has always had a problem with noisy ceiling speakers, bedroom speakers and outside speakers when trying to watch television. I found a non-shielded RC (red/white) cable going from the output on the TV to the back of the IRV 66 receiver. I removed that cable and installed a digital fiber optic cable. The noise disappeared.....GREAT! Still wondering why the Toshiba 40L 1400U had output jacks on it. Looked up that model via the manufacturer and there were no output jacks like those on my unit. Anyway...it's fixed now and probably not really getting tru surround sound but at least i can hear clear sound from my speakers.
dcnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 02:30 PM   #2

Mine used to do that as well with the Toshiba tv. Went the ois cable route too. Did you notice the audio time lag between the tv sound and that from the multiplex system? Warranty replaced it with a furrion tv. Finding any tvs with rca pin outs on the audio is impossible. Finding optical outputs also very rare, maybe Visio. Worst part about furrion was poor channel reception. Just put in lg 32'' . I can play DVDs ok through it, but cant put tv audio back through irv66. Tv reception and number of OTA channels scanned is outstanding. Guess you cant have everything!
jeff64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 05:32 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff64 View Post
Mine used to do that as well with the Toshiba tv. Went the ois cable route too. Did you notice the audio time lag between the tv sound and that from the multiplex system? Warranty replaced it with a furrion tv. Finding any tvs with rca pin outs on the audio is impossible. Finding optical outputs also very rare, maybe Visio. Worst part about furrion was poor channel reception. Just put in lg 32'' . I can play DVDs ok through it, but cant put tv audio back through irv66. Tv reception and number of OTA channels scanned is outstanding. Guess you cant have everything!
I ditched the little factory Furrion and replaced it with a 28" TCL Roku. Pleasantly surprised to find that it included an optical audio out, used that for a mini soundbar. It also has a headphone jack which can be easily adapted to dual RCA outputs.
I found it to be a worthwhile and cheap upgrade, and I can't believe how light these TVs are now!
DavidBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 07:07 AM   #4

Good to know about TCL with optical output. I wasnt smart enough anymore to opt for smart tv!
jeff64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
entertainment, irv