Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-06-2019, 01:34 PM   #1

Is it possible to install dvd player to tv's

I am new to the Motorhome life and just bought a Georgetown 369. I don't see anyplace to install a stand alone dvd player or satellite to my interior televisions.

Is that possible?
AMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 01:37 PM   #2

A proper length HDMI cable from the player to the tv won't work?
Old 11-06-2019, 02:01 PM   #3

That’s what’s odd to me. I can’t see or feel (and the tv’s don’t rotate out) any hdmi or any other connection point.

I was wondering if perhaps there was another connection spot that I just didn’t know about on these units.
Old 11-06-2019, 02:28 PM   #4

I would think most flat screen LCD TV's would have the usual compliment of ports, including audio in/out and HDMI. Ours does. We have replaced the all-in-one radio/dvd system with a car stereo and use a spare BluRay player to watch movies. The TV was connected to the original all-in-one with an HDMI cable,so we simply re-used it.
Do you still have the manual for the TV? If so, it should show where all the connections are located.
1999 Chevy Silverado 2500
campkasten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 02:59 PM   #5

Thank You. I am going to just take the tv completely off of the over fireplace mount and see what I have for there. ����*♂️
Old 11-06-2019, 10:10 PM   #6

HDMI ports are either on the edge, on the back pointing back, or on the bulge on one side of it. You are probably going to need to take the TV down to access it.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 01:25 PM   #7
Shelley

I had the same issue and could not find any HDMI ports on my TV either. I ended up giving up! I hope a solution comes across this thread.
Old 11-07-2019, 03:26 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMay View Post
I am new to the Motorhome life and just bought a Georgetown 369. I don't see anyplace to install a stand alone dvd player or satellite to my interior televisions.

Is that possible?
Our primary TV is connected to the built-in stereo/CD/DVD player via an HDMI cable. However, our built-in DVD player cannot play Blu-Ray discs.

Does anyone know if a separate Blu-Ray player can be connected to the USB Port of the built-in system and play movies through that lash-up??

I also have an Audio/Video input jack on the built-in system. Would that work with the Blu-Ray player??
Jakieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 05:28 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakie-Boy View Post
Our primary TV is connected to the built-in stereo/CD/DVD player via an HDMI cable. However, our built-in DVD player cannot play Blu-Ray discs.

Does anyone know if a separate Blu-Ray player can be connected to the USB Port of the built-in system and play movies through that lash-up??

I also have an Audio/Video input jack on the built-in system. Would that work with the Blu-Ray player??

My built in iRV 32 has an HDMI input port on its front panel for gaming and video devices. If the same stereo/dvd player I'd use the HDMi input port to connect a blu-ray player. The USB port on the front is only for charging phones and other usb charged devices.

HDMI is better for connecting blu-ray but you can use the Audio/Video input jacks however quality is less.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 08:25 PM   #10

If you search online you will find shelves that go on the top of the television. They do not fasten to anything. They work on gravity. I use this type of shelf to hold a Blu ray player, the remote and an OTA DVR. The shelf works quite well and is verystable
Villagerjjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 10:15 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMay View Post
Thank You. I am going to just take the tv completely off of the over fireplace mount and see what I have for there. ����*♂️
Pull hard on your TV. It might come out enough to see what is what. I know I piddled around for about ten minutes, then pulled real hard, and it came out. If you're not happy with the mount, Horrible Freight has articulating mounts for pretty cheap, (especially with a 20% coupon) and they're a breeze to install.
Good luck to you!
RangeMaggotBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 08:37 PM   #12

Have a 2020 GT 31l, and asked during acceptance walk through, big tv has to be taken off recessed area in wall to connect to hdmi. Looks like two screws in top plate that holds tv to wall. Doing a work around with coax to get satellite running. Spring job to get cables in wall or ceiling, know there is access somewhere as there is a 110 Outlet in cabinets over dash. I found my factory Summit tv has 3 hdmi connections by looking at source input on menu screen,
Days camped in FR 2011-12 = 77, 13-14 = 98, 15-16 = 129
17 = 81, 18 = 44, 19 = 83, 20= 45, 21 = 76, 22 = 57, 23 = 42
Retired :
satdog01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dvd