Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-24-2012, 05:45 AM   #21

It was the info that herk7769 provided about the booster needing to be ON in order for the tv to get reception from the antenna.

I have looked through all the paperwork on our camper and cannot find this in print, I think the Forest River folks should provide an owners manual with them so we all can corelate a given item and the actual camper together.
Sierra323fk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 06:48 AM   #22
JAYCO Representative

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetonford View Post
on my fiver You have to turn on the atennea booster in the bed room. Then turn on TV and goto the setup menu on TV and make sure that it is on Atennea input then I do a autoscan for channels. My main TV is the same as yours a 32" Jensen. So should be the same also make sure the jumper on the wall plate for sattlite is hooked to both the connections if your not using a receiver..
That's the correct solution to the problem in all Wildcats (and almost every other RV too)! The antenna booster works for the whole coach and the newer Jensen TVs are digital ready...
Wildcat Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:35 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra323fk View Post
It was the info that herk7769 provided about the booster needing to be ON in order for the tv to get reception from the antenna.

I have looked through all the paperwork on our camper and cannot find this in print, I think the Forest River folks should provide an owners manual with them so we all can corelate a given item and the actual camper together.
Not to hijack the thread, but you have hit upon a pet peeve of mine I have looked through all the paperwork on our camper and cannot find this in print….” The manuals and the accompanying paperwork for these RVs leave much to be desired. In reviewing the “present day manual” where the end user is handed a pouch containing a bound manual with accompanying unorganized loose documents, I am under the impression that the first professionally manufactured RVs had NO manual as they have not progressed very far from that “ assumed original condition” (“nothing”). One would think that in the computer age, the “manual” would have evolved, at minimum, into an organized component with more detail; i.e. wiring diagram and user instructions for the various components such as the antenna booster needing to be turned “on” as mentioned in this thread. I do understand this might inflate the cost a few pennies. These manufacturers have a file on every unit built (as legalities and engineering require it) and are very capable of providing better information to the end user.

I do commend Forest River for providing a page in the manual with component manufacturers’ contact information. This is my third travel trailer and my first Forest River product. This is the only unit that I have ever owned whereas the travel trailer manufacturer provided component manufacturer contact information in the manual.

I have been in the process of organizing my manual and accompanying documentation into a 3-ring binder with spreadsheets containing appliance and component information such as make, model, and serial number and maintenance records. In some instances, I am creating my own manuals for future reference and for use by other family members.

I will admit that combing over your RV for details and creating your own manuals greatly enhances your “love affair” with your RV product of choice. My profession required detail and the assimilation of information; now recently retired, this search for detail makes me feel as though I am still working – hey, but that’s not bad feeling!
campdohbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:14 AM   #24
Site Team - Lou

I started that. Never finished it though. Too much paper to lug around.
All electronic now.
PDFs of every manual and document file.
It is loaded in my phone; iPad; and computer in the camper.
Saved my butt on the road on many occasions.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 06:34 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post

I started that. Never finished it though. Too much paper to lug around.
All electronic now.
PDFs of every manual and document file.
It is loaded in my phone; iPad; and computer in the camper.
Saved my butt on the road on many occasions.
I thought I would go electronic with it too. In fact, I am trying do both at once.
campdohbrew is offline   Reply With Quote