Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2013, 09:30 PM   #1

Jensen AWM968 DVD Player problems

We just went out for the first time in our new 2013 Sandpiper 346RET. Great RV and very comfortable. We didn't have any of the audio problems with our Jensen (AWM968) as discussed elsewhere here in the forums, but we cannot get the video to work on the DVD player. The audio sounded great, just no picture. Anyone else have this problem? We tried every input selection on the TV (also a Jensen) but all said "No signal." There's the plugs on the back the TV, but we're wondering if they're not plugged into the DVD player itself? Just trying to avoid having to take the player out of the cabinet to check, if we don't have to. Anyone else have this problem or have any suggestions?

Thanks!
mtschneid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:17 PM   #2
Denver, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtschneid View Post
We just went out for the first time in our new 2013 Sandpiper 346RET. Great RV and very comfortable. We didn't have any of the audio problems with our Jensen (AWM968) as discussed elsewhere here in the forums, but we cannot get the video to work on the DVD player. The audio sounded great, just no picture. Anyone else have this problem? We tried every input selection on the TV (also a Jensen) but all said "No signal." There's the plugs on the back the TV, but we're wondering if they're not plugged into the DVD player itself? Just trying to avoid having to take the player out of the cabinet to check, if we don't have to. Anyone else have this problem or have any suggestions?

Thanks!
Sounds to me like the yellow video cable is not connected in the back of the Jensen, assuming that it IS connected at the back of the TV.

4 screws and the Jensen pops right out, no problem and the cable will be obvious. It will be labeled video out on the back of the Jensen.

I have a 965 and it just spits the disk in and out endlessly, so I had to pull it and take it to the dealer, havn't got the replacement yet tho, so I am using a Sony DVD player with an HMDI cable. picture is better anyway.
Old 09-04-2013, 05:52 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbonz View Post
Sounds to me like the yellow video cable is not connected in the back of the Jensen, assuming that it IS connected at the back of the TV.

4 screws and the Jensen pops right out, no problem and the cable will be obvious. It will be labeled video out on the back of the Jensen.

I have a 965 and it just spits the disk in and out endlessly, so I had to pull it and take it to the dealer, havn't got the replacement yet tho, so I am using a Sony DVD player with an HMDI cable. picture is better anyway.

Thanks for reply. That's what we were thinking too, something not connected right on back of player. Okay, guess we got to pop that thing out.....
mtschneid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 11:39 AM   #4

Jensen DVD won't work

Okay all you RVers.. Here is the way to avoid a lot of time and frustration.
If your Jensen unit stops functioning in the DVD mode, it's probably because they malfunction a LOT..!!
Everything else on the unit worked but the DVD player would say "LOADING" and then reject. The factory gave me a pretty blunt reply..
It is a faulty unit, our new unit is now on sale....blah, blah, blah.

Do NOT be enticed to go out and buy another one. Go out and purchase a small inexpensive DVD player for around $35 and run the red, white and yellow audio cables to the rear of your TV. I bought a SONY complete with audio cables from Walmart for $34. It works like a charm and took allof 2 minutes to hook up !!

Tags
dvd