Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-23-2020, 03:22 PM   #1

King connect pre wired WiFi

We just brought home our Salem Hemisphere 378FL and it shows it’s pre wired for King Connect WiFi. There is no paperwork for this and their website is vague. Does anyone know what we need in order to use this? Do we need and antenna? There is an antenna on the roof (small black). I’m pretty sure we need to get the router. Just trying to figure this out without buying a bunch of unnecessary stuff. Thanks everyone!

2016 Ram 3500 Diesel DRW Limited
2017 Salem Cruise Lite 273QBXL
Jasdow77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 03:28 PM   #2

the king and others are wifi and/or hotspot (cell) receivers with a router. Once connected it will send a wifi signal to all your devices regardless of if wifi or data. I have the TOGO and it works great. The only wiring necessary is power. Doubt they supplied the actual King dome antenna though, look for a pair of wires (+ & -) maybe near a mount in the center of the roof. I can't imagine they'd do more than that. Should be a 5 amp fuse labeled "router" or similar
nayther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 03:37 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayther View Post
the king and others are wifi and/or hotspot (cell) receivers with a router. Once connected it will send a wifi signal to all your devices regardless of if wifi or data. I have the TOGO and it works great. The only wiring necessary is power. Doubt they supplied the actual King dome antenna though, look for a pair of wires (+ & -) maybe near a mount in the center of the roof. I can't imagine they'd do more than that. Should be a 5 amp fuse labeled "router" or similar

Yea there is a plate cover marked King Connect WiFi. Haven’t pulled it off the wall yet. So I just need the router then?

Old 04-23-2020, 03:53 PM   #4

So I pulled the plate cover off which is located on the front wall next to the TV. There is only a hole, no wires or anything. I’m confused as to why it claims to be pre wires?

Old 04-24-2020, 04:54 PM   #5
2019legacy38re

king wifi

I still can not get any info from the dealer or King on how it even works and how to connect to camp ground wifi I think its a POS
c9220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 06:37 PM   #6

Check on the roof and see if there is a access point labeled for the King antennae. If there is, open it and see if there are wires there.
Villagerjjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 05:06 PM   #7

following. Just bought a Salem 30KQBSS and it's got King Wifi stickers all over it. There is a plate near the entertainment center that says pre-wired for King Wifi.
DeanHensler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 07:47 PM   #8

That King pre-wire is only for an external antenna. Don't waste your money on the King stuff. There are many other options available which are much better, WiFi Ranger and MoFi for WiFi and LTE. There are others like Wineguard which are ok but not great. My Cedar Creek came with a King WiFi setup, we'll just say it no longer exists.
2020 Cedar Creek Hathaway 34IK, Reese 19K Sidewinder PB.
Daycruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 08:38 AM   #9

King Wifi - The information we have all been waiting for

Searching the Forest River Facebook forum, this gentleman provides all the information you are needing regarding the addition of a King WifiMax router and King Swift antenna. I have been pleading with the folks at King to update their information regarding this product because what they aren't telling us in their brochures is exactly the type of information we buyers are looking for before we purchase their product. You will need to join the Forest River Group within Facebook to see the post, but once you are joined, you will finally see a great description of the parts and how the product is pre-wired in your RV.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2416...23244271085525
bobkeown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 10:50 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasdow77 View Post
So I pulled the plate cover off which is located on the front wall next to the TV. There is only a hole, no wires or anything. I’m confused as to why it claims to be pre wires?
The wire is there, but you will need to do some searching to find it. There should be a 110v plug next to the wifi blank plate. Remove that for easier access behind the wall. I removed the control panel closet, my bathroom light and vent fan and the overhead cable and power to my bedroom TV. I knew I had a wire for it because I spotted it coming through the roof from underneath through one of the holes from removing things from the ceiling. Once I knew I had a wire, now I had to find it at the King panel. I used a borescope camera to find mine. It was nestled up against a wall stud and there is no way I could have found it without the borescope camera.

Once I found the cable, I just plugged it into the King WiFi router I found at my local RV shop and it works ok. The King router is not user friendly so I would look for one of the other options mentioned. But first you have to find the cable.

Why FR didn't take the time to pull it through the hole in the wall baffles me.
corn18 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
wifi