Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-10-2015, 03:49 PM   #1

LED tv options

Was wondering what people's thoughts were on tvs for the RV. Go cheap n basic or all out like we have at home? Best buy / wal mart brands seem to have some decent prices on 32"-40"
kilntym2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 04:03 PM   #2

IMHO you don't need a 3D curved screen Smart tv for a camper. But I would stick with a name brand. We have a 40" Toshiba that came with our camper. I bought a smaller Insignia from BB for the bedroom and have been quite happy with it.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 04:17 PM   #3
Site Team

TVs can be so hit or miss.

I have a couple of Insignia tube TVs. With one, the screen has a green tint to it. The other has a red tint to it. I’ve pretty much stayed away from the brand ever since.

I’ve got 3 Samsung flat screens and have had zero problems with them.

I’ve also got a TV/VCR combo that we actually bought to use in our pop-up almost 10 years ago and it still works. Just recently I got rid of an old tube TV that still had the old dial knobs for the channel selection. It still worked and it was at least 20 years old.
Iwritecode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 04:20 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
TVs can be so hit or miss.

I have a couple of Insignia tube TVs. With one, the screen has a green tint to it. The other has a red tint to it. I’ve pretty much stayed away from the brand ever since.

I’ve got 3 Samsung flat screens and have had zero problems with them.

I’ve also got a TV/VCR combo that we actually bought to use in our pop-up almost 10 years ago and it still works. Just recently I got rid of an old tube TV that still had the old dial knobs for the channel selection. It still worked and it was at least 20 years old.
have you adjusted your color temperature or anything to get rid of the green and red tints?
Old 04-10-2015, 04:46 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilntym2 View Post
Was wondering what people's thoughts were on tvs for the RV. Go cheap n basic or all out like we have at home? Best buy / wal mart brands seem to have some decent prices on 32"-40"
I would go with cheap and basic. LC and toshiba, sony come to mind all good pictures at least to me. They take a pretty good beating going down the road so You wouldn't be out an arm and leg if it breaks. I guess it comes down to what you want out of it. Watch news now and then and maybe a DVD any of them would work, you can get some good deals if you look around....Good Luck in your search. Try Costco to if your a member. Just buy a good locking mount for it, don't go cheap on that. I tried it and it was a nightmare....

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led