Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-14-2019, 10:39 AM   #1

LG Refrigerator

We have a 2018 Palomino Compass 340RKC with a LG residential 3 door refrigerator with a problem. The freezer constantly seems to have water leaking into it below the bottom freezer storage drawer which causes a sheet of ice to form. We have to remove the ice manually every week and it is annoying. We have called LG about the problem and they are of no help and referred us to a RV dealer for service. Most of the dealers we have talked to agree that they will have to remove all 3 doors and remove the refrigerator, place it in their shop plugged in and wait for a LG serviceman to arrive to diagnose and repair unit.
I find this crazy as LG should come directly to our 5th wheel and service it like any home visit would be. I need the refrigerator for my daily needs and I am considering letting it finally die and then replace it myself with a regular top freezer unit from Lowes or Home Depot.
navygrandparents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 12:32 PM   #2

Make sure the ice maker is turned off before disconnecting water source. I was having similar problem
poppashrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 12:40 PM   #3

Is the condensation drain frozen? I've had that happen at home where the drain will freeze up and we get water where we shouldn't. The evaporator for these is usually in the freezer behind the drawers and there is usually a fan to blow air up into the fridge section. Could be moisture frozen in there along with a frozen drain. You'd need to turn off the unit for a lengthy amount of time to defrost fully or get in there with a hairdryer and see if something clears u.
Old 01-14-2019, 12:55 PM   #4

This is so common with these LG fridges that there are long threads on other sites that bemoan the difficulties of getting them to work correctly (keeping the drain hole from freezing closed).

2016 F350 CC Dually Powerstroke 4x4
2014 Cedar Creek 34RLSA w/Level Up
2007 HD Ultra Classic 103
USS Pyro AE-24 WestPac MM2 '71-'75
SlowrideHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 08:51 AM   #5

All I see is haters of a product, so I'm going to defend this one. We have the same one and have had no problems at all with it. We love the large fridge.

Tags
refrigerator