Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-19-2018, 02:34 PM   #21
Road Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.M View Post
there is no such thing as a worry free fridge in a rv . get many calls on residential fridges going out even though they may be less then a yr old . Does LG know their fridges are running while going down a bumpy hwy then get calls for warranty work . also most techs do not work on residential fridges . so you'll have to find that appliance repair shop for warranty
There is nothing on an RV thats worry free BUT a residential frig is MUCH less of a worry as it has far less systems to go out like a propane/elec rv fridge does AND it doesn't cost nearly $600 in labor alone just to pull it out of its spot like my propane/elec frig did....

2015 Fleetwood Expedition Pusher
Towing a VW Beetle Convertible
mikedawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 03:17 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedawson View Post
There is nothing on an RV thats worry free BUT a residential frig is MUCH less of a worry as it has far less systems to go out like a propane/elec rv fridge does AND it doesn't cost nearly $600 in labor alone just to pull it out of its spot like my propane/elec frig did....
Unless you have to remove it from your rig. Then you will have some fun.

To replace my Dad's residential, they removed the slide.

Just like most stuff these days, they said it was cheaper to replace it rather than fix it.
Reese Fifth Airborne air ride king pin coupler with Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 06:31 PM   #23

With the Sierra, don't forget to turn the battery switch on under the storage compartment on the awning side and then turn the inverter on for the fridge to work while traveling.
Towe443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 07:16 PM   #24

i would double check the effect of the battery disconnect switch on the operation of the inverter. quite a few models have the inverter wired directly to the batteries. if this is the case the inverter will work regardless of the position of the battery disconnect switch. not saying this is the case on yours. just double check it to verify how it works.
Old 07-19-2018, 07:40 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by mblee21 View Post
You will be fine. Mine can run for several days on just the battery. Just make sure it is cold before you head out.
OK like said by others this is where this waswith "Incomplete Info" this Post leads one to believe there is only 1 Battery,which after a little CSI it is 2 Batteries! We must keep a level playing field and supply ALL Info! The OP only had 1 Battery! Youroo!!
Old 07-19-2018, 08:00 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynebruner View Post
We are pulling out this weekend for our first long trip. I've read everything I can find on keeping the refrigerator cold and they all talk about switching the fridge to auto so it will jump to propane while hauling. My Sierra came with an LG fridge and for the life of me I can not find a switch for Auto, Electric or Propane. Does anyone know if the LG is equipped with this option or is it just the Dometic fridges?
I had this issue with the FR Cottage. Frigidaire residential not discussed prior to delivery. Easy to add a 1500 watt inverter which solved the transit mode. Never had a failure up to nine hours towing.
richard6335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 08:03 PM   #27

BTW: almost all the circuits are mislabeled at the fuse/ breaker panel on every FR camper I have owned. Do not rely on factory markings.
richard6335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 01:57 PM   #28

Thanks guys. It does have an inverter and I believe two 12v Interstate batteries. It has been running on shore power for the last 3 months so the fridge is definitely cold. I will be sure to kill power and try inverter before pulling out.
Waynebruner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
refrigerator, travel