Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-20-2019, 10:24 AM   #1

LG residential refrigerator

I have a 2018 Palomino Compass 340RKC with the LG residential side-by-side refrigerator and have a problem. Below the freezer basket there is a constant leak that freezes to a sheet of ice and has to be removed about ever 2 weeks. I can't see where and the dealer has told me that they have to remove the refrigerator, place it on the ground and wait for LG to come service and repair as they will not enter the 5th wheel. I contacted LG and Forest River to no avail as I am full timing and to not have this unit running is a huge inconvenience.
As a last resort I'll take it apart, throw it out and buy a refrigerator from Lowe's and install it. Help anyone.
navygrandparents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 10:37 AM   #2

Keep in mind you will more then likely spend more time and money replacing then fixing. This actually sounds more like a problem of logistics then inconvenience. Get together with the dealer and the LG folks and work out a schedule to have it repaired in one day if possible. Just something to consider good luck. Side note does turning the water off to the ice maker stop the leak?
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 10:43 AM   #3

I've seen that on a refrigerator we had in our sticks and bricks. On the back of the freezer there should be a channel that collects water and drains it into a pan under the refer by the compressor. There's a one way rubber valve at the end of the line that sticks shut. It's just a piece of rubber tubing similar to an air vent in a DEF container. The flat end sticks shut. You may be able to open it with steam from the inside of the freezer. If not, you need access to the back of the refer. Either replace the valve or increase the opening by cutting a small bit off the flat end of the valve. This was on a Maytag 3 door refer. Yours may be different.
2020 Ram 3500 Dually with HD Cummins TD
ddphillips52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 10:45 AM   #4

SeaDog,
No, the ice maker line has been off for a long time. LG wasn't any help when talking to their customer service. It seems like a drain line is draining inside instead of outside. All I know is I have to scrape the "sheet of ice" from the bottom about every 2 weeks.
Old 10-20-2019, 10:47 AM   #5

ddphillips52,
That makes sense but their is no access to the rear of the refrigerator except the door to the ice maker line. I might have to roll the refrigerator out slowly and carefully to access the back and look for that line. Thanks.

Tags
refrigerator