Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-05-2019, 05:52 PM   #1

Looking for fridge door open limiter (stop)

If you look at the pic, the dometic freezer door handle aligns very nicely to the tv screen. A few weeks ago, in my haste, I pulled her home from storage (0.75 miles) to pack up and forgot to remove the fridge/freezer door props. Got home, found them on the floor and the doors were closed. Not the first time this has been overlooked so I thought nothing of it. That is until that 1st rainy night...turned on tv and screen was spiderwebs. The point of impact lined up directly with the freezer handle (fridge hits the shelf below the tv...no interference).

I'm hoping someone here has an idea or product I could install to limit the travel of the door. Kinda like the ones you use on doors in your house. I'm hoping to not make this same mistake again and I want to protect the tv from any inadvertent impacts (ie inlaws/kids rapidly opening freezer). Also dont want a block of wood or anything like that screwed to the cabinet.

Thanks in advance,
EricClick image for larger version

Name:	20190905_185056.jpeg
Views:	69
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	214278
hinkle_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 08:40 PM   #2
Always Learning

I’ll be following this as I need a solution to a a closet door.

I’m thinking a simple chain may suffice.

Tags
door, fridge