Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2013, 03:16 PM   #1

loss of power

OK, did something stupid but it should have worked. I have a 2013 solaire and got home from hot weekend to empty camper, i unplugged the power from the garage, 20 amp so i could hook to generator to run ac 3500 watt gen. Turned everything off. hooked up, so far so good, turned fan on low started running not sure if compressor kicked or not, now i have no power inside camper. re hooked back to gargage and got out meter, 120 at end of shore power cord and 120 inside box but nothing works! any clues? wf-8725-P wfc ULTRA iii distribution center
howellma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 04:00 PM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Did you check the breakers in the electrical panel in the RV? Main tripped? Might look like it didn't trip but turn it to off and back on and see if it resets.
Do you have an electric element in the water heater? leave it turned on? too much initial load can trip the main as well.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 04:03 PM   #3

Do you still have battery and 12 vdc for low voltage accessories? Sounds as though 30 amp AC breaker in coach has opened. May not be apparent try open then close to reset.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 04:04 PM   #4

Check at your power converter/distribution panel, look for two 35 or 40 amp fuses one or both may be blown.
2000 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager M-8357 MH, Ford Trident V10 Gasser, 35 foot.
Batts-toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 04:04 PM   #5

breakers appear to be ok, i have reset them many times, i just disconnected battery and am fixing to check to see if converter has power per the manual
Old 09-02-2013, 05:40 PM   #6

all fuses are good, i dont know, converter is not working, i emailed the company tech support, lets see what they say tomorrow,,,
Old 09-10-2013, 08:48 PM   #7

Camper went to the dealer today, we discussed how fragile the converter is and they said it seemed to be common.should be covered under warranty.
Old 09-21-2013, 08:41 PM   #8

well, got my camper back, converter wasn't bad at all, turns out the 110V shore power inlet wire melted and shorted out. Dealer replaced wire and all works now. they also fixed another minor issue. going camping next weekend with my grandson, take him to the zoo and splash pad at Paul B Johnson State park.
Old 09-21-2013, 09:06 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by howellma
well, got my camper back, converter wasn't bad at all, turns out the 110V shore power inlet wire melted and shorted out. Dealer replaced wire and all works now. they also fixed another minor issue. going camping next weekend with my grandson, take him to the zoo and splash pad at Paul B Johnson State park.
Sounds great, enjoy.....
Old 09-21-2013, 09:14 PM   #10

Did the dealer happen to say what might have melted the wire in the first place?
Old 09-21-2013, 09:36 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patches
Did the dealer happen to say what might have melted the wire in the first place?
Just a guess, drawing 30 amps for a period of time, maybe combined with a loose mechanical connection would cause the wire to heat up.
Old 09-22-2013, 07:31 AM   #12

No, Never talked to the tech, the only thing i can think of is a power surge with my generator. I have been debating a surge protector but they are not cheap and come in many different varieties and sizes,,,,,,,,,,,

Tags
power