Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2022, 03:11 PM   #1

Low Burners on 2022 Suburban Elite Stove

I have a new 2022 Elkridge 38MB. Been using it for three weeks. From the onset I noticed that the burners on top of the stove did not seem to get very high. The proof is in the cooking. Just trying to boil water in a 2 quart pan is a nightmare and everything cooks so slow. The manual says that that the two back burners are 6,500 BTU And the front burner is 9,000 BTU.

I took the brass orifice off the front burner and took an extremely small drill bit thinking maybe opening it up might make a better flame. All that did was ruin the orifice which is no longer any good and I am having a heck of a time trying to get a replacement. Suburban will only sell the entire manifold which I do not need.

I even turned off the propane tanks and turned them on very slow. I also tried to use the adjustment screw behind the front knobs recessed in the stem. This also did nothing.

The tanks came filled from the RV lot where I purchased it. I am the first owner. Also I have never had this experience with any RV stoves in the past. Right now I would just like to replace the brass orifice if I could find someone that sells them.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Rick
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20220514_174600.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	277.7 KB
ID:	273598   Click image for larger version

Name:	20220518_124619.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	166.6 KB
ID:	273599   Click image for larger version

Name:	20220511_093737.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	260.9 KB
ID:	273601  
nicnakc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 03:16 PM   #2

Is the stove in a slide out ? if so look for kinked gas line under slide . Drilling out the orifice was a mistake and is never the problem .
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 03:28 PM   #3

At this point, your best bet is the dealer that sold you the unit. They can check for pinched or crimped lines which was the problem in our rig. Our pinched line was no where near the stove.
You may get some flak for trying to fix it yourself. The stove was under warranty from Suburban. What they'll cover now that you've tried to repair it is questionable.
Old 05-20-2022, 03:35 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverse_snowbird View Post
At this point, your best bet is the dealer that sold you the unit. They can check for pinched or crimped lines which was the problem in our rig. Our pinched line was no where near the stove.
You may get some flak for trying to fix it yourself. The stove was under warranty from Suburban. What they'll cover now that you've tried to repair it is questionable.
Everything you just said is true. But I am dealing with Funtown RV in San Angelo texas. They are a complete joke. I will not go through them for anything. I'm gonna bypass their hullabaloo and do this myself. I have never seen such sorry service and attitude in my life dealing with RV centers or car dealerships. Besides they said it's working normal. Wth?
Old 05-20-2022, 03:39 PM   #5

I know that now. Lol..
Old 05-20-2022, 03:41 PM   #6

Exclamation

Do a Google search for used RV parts or salvage yards in your area. They may be able to supply the orifice you need.

CAMPING - When you walk the dog in your pajamas with a cup of coffee in one hand and a bag of dog poop in the other while striking up a conversation with total strangers.
PopFla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 04:32 PM   #7

Try a local propane dealer. Or a used appliance dealer. I feel that one of them can help.
AFDON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 04:48 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicnakc View Post
I know that now. Lol..
Still have problem with gas flow . stove in a slide out ? kinked line , or debris in gas line where it attaches to stove . wouldn't be the first time i've seen them full of saw dust
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 05:59 PM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicnakc View Post
Everything you just said is true. But I am dealing with Funtown RV in San Angelo texas. They are a complete joke. I will not go through them for anything. I'm gonna bypass their hullabaloo and do this myself. I have never seen such sorry service and attitude in my life dealing with RV centers or car dealerships. Besides they said it's working normal. Wth?
Another thing is that your RV is not a Forest River product.
Even though we welcome owners of non-FR products, there probably is no one here that owns your particular model.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Forest River Forums mobile app
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 06:53 PM   #10

disconnect the gas lines and blow them out with an air compressor, sometimes bugs and spiders like to nest in them. Start from the tanks after the regulator and go all the way to the stove, check the furnace also, and water heater. disconnect all and hit it with high pressure, be amazed what can find its way into those lines.
2017 Hyundai Santa Fe
Armywrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 07:59 PM   #11

I believe that the low flame problem is most likely the excess flow valve in your propane tanks. now that you have gas flow make sure that everything propane is turned off. Then close the valves on both propane tanks. Open one of the tank valves. You may need to open and close the tank valve several times to get the excess flow valve to reset. do this then try the stove.
wvcampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 09:56 PM   #12

Two places I have bought orifices from are Zoro.com and WebrestaurantStore.com
Not sure if they will have yours.
aircommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 11:51 PM   #13

Propane dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFDON View Post
Try a local propane dealer. Or a used appliance dealer. I feel that one of them can help.
Years ago I had to convert a natural gas grill to propane. I went to a propane dealer with my old orifice and asked the person at the desk if he had a propane orifice. He reached down, picked and said "Here you go." The price was inexpensive, a dollar or two.

Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 07:13 PM   #14

Same problem

Keeping an eye on this one, because I am having the same problem with my new 2022 TT.
kgriff5667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 08:03 PM   #15

If all else fails, get a new auto-switchover regulator and see if that is your problem. My camper did not have an auto switchover so it was on my list of things to do after the first time of I had to get up and manually change the lp tank.
BarabooBob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
suburban, lite, burner