Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-27-2021, 11:03 PM   #1

Magic Chef 12V fridge

The door on Magic Chef 12V fridge doesn't open wide enough for the shelves to be taken out and adjusted. I'm thinking that reversing the doors might be the best solution so that they can be adjusted as needed. The manual doesn't offer any information on this. Has anyone done it? Is it hard? We just got our Flagstaff 22fbs a couple of weeks ago and are just now figuring things out.
Deni Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 07:44 AM   #2
Site Team

It appears that there are mounting provisions on both sides of the doors and fridge, so swapping the hinges is a simple task if you're fairly handy.
Old 02-28-2021, 07:59 AM   #3

I just got my 2506 a few days ago and discovered the same issue. I did see information on reversing the doors in a pamphlet that was inside my owners packet. I’ve about decided that the current configuration will work for me but it would be nice if Forest River would let folks know about this as it is a common problem in several of their products that I have found when doing some research on this. Let us know how this works out.
Campr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge