Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-06-2012, 04:03 PM   #1

Magic Chef model # MCD990ARB

Just wondering if anyone has replaced one of these models? If so where did you get it? It is a unique size and I am having a hard time finding it.
Hamblen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 04:04 PM   #2

I forget to post that it is a microwave.
Old 10-14-2012, 11:37 AM   #3

Bump for ya, I'm needing one too. I may run down to Walmart and see if they have something close.

2000 Excursion Limited PowerStroke Diesel- ATS ported housing, Riffraff's FRx, HPx & I/C boot kit, DiPricol Optix- Pyro/Boost/Trans, DP Tuner-80t, Drive-Thru, 80e, 120race, K&N intake tube w/6637, Exhaust, AIH delete, Foil delete, 4" lift, Airbags, Dunlop Rover M/TMaxx 315/75/16's, '04 headlights.
locknload is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:44 PM   #4

I had to get mine online thru adventure rv. Was not cheap but I needed them.
Old 10-14-2012, 01:47 PM   #5

I bought a magic chef MCD990B online $69.00. This is the home version without the face plate and rear mount bracket. I used the old face plate and removed the mount bracket from the old micro. Hardest part was removing the no-tamper screws on new micro, mini vice grips did the trick. I used the normal screws from old micro, took less than 30 minutes total time to convert and install. The AR designates usage for camper, "B" designates black color.
Broadway Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:21 PM   #6

I have the MCD990 as well, and can't get over the poor design. On what planet should the kitchen timer stop when the door is opened? Or be unable to use the kitchen timer and cook at the same time? If I could find an easy replacement I would sell my MCD990 CHEAP!
ProjectPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:30 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectPro View Post
I have the MCD990 as well, and can't get over the poor design. On what planet should the kitchen timer stop when the door is opened? Or be unable to use the kitchen timer and cook at the same time? If I could find an easy replacement I would sell my MCD990 CHEAP!
While I hear you and agree on this point I can't help but think investing in a $5 timer might be a good solution until you really need to replace the oven. Besides you could always use the timer outside while BBQing.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:03 PM   #8

Probably an occupational hazard, being a professional project manager and a recovering engineer. I have a hard time accepting such poor design, especially when doing it correctly wouldn't have cost Magic Chef a nickel extra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terier View Post
While I hear you and agree on this point I can't help but think investing in a $5 timer might be a good solution until you really need to replace the oven. Besides you could always use the timer outside while BBQing.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:04 PM   #9

We have a Magic Chef Microwave Model#MCO160UB worked fine till last week our problem is this after settings are done you push start everthing is lost No clock light no interior light open door no lights close door lights on inside und clock fan works reset everthing push START you guess it no start nolights nothing.this microwave is in a 2012 georgetown bought new 11-09-2011 out of warranty by a few days.
any help is welcome is a new microwave needed????thanks george
2012 georgetown 280
RED Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:28 PM   #10

Went to our local RV show yesterday and found out that Magic Chef has eliminated the kitchen timer PROBLEM by eliminating the kitchen timer FEATURE in their new model. Kind of like the coed who decided to go commando in her short skirt because her friend warned her the last time she wore it that everyone could see her underwear when she sat down.