Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-26-2022, 08:22 AM   #1

Magic Chef Model WD-127FDC

After speaking with the Manufacturer of this 12V refrigerator they recommended that if I am storing my trailer for any light if time I can do one of two things, 1) Battery disconnect or 2) Pull fuse from the panel.
This model is hard-wired into the trailer with no On/Off switch.
My question - what are most of you doing? Will I overcharge the house batteries if plugged into shore power? There is no transfer switch in this Geo Pro from what I've been told by dealer.

I leave my trailer plugged into shore power (15amp) when I'm home. (Habit from having Class As).
Thank you,
Amy
2022 Geo Pro 19BH
2010 Mercedes Sprinter

Recurve R3 WDH
ButterflyDogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 08:53 AM   #2

There's no on/off switch? What a huge oversight in an RV fridge! If it were me, I'd wire in an on/off switch on the positive power lead, with the switch right next to the fridge.

Though, now that I'm thinking about it, are you sure you can't turn the compressor off? In mine (a garbage Furrion), the compressor can be turned off when the dial is spun all the way left, but the light still turns on when the door is opened. As long as the door remains closed, the light doesn't turn on.

As long as your trailer's charger is working properly, it won't overcharge the batteries when plugged into shore power.
Old 09-26-2022, 02:19 PM   #3
JPJ

Press and hold the set button for cooling temp for 10 secs. It will shut off. If you trip power, or go from shore to battery etc it will turn back on. At least this works for our Dometic in our Roo. It's the same control panel so give it a whirl.
JPJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 01:43 AM   #4

Pull the fuse or wire in an on/off switch