Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-29-2008, 09:21 AM   #1

My Concertone solution

I just went and bought a Toshiba model 19LV505 19in hdtv with a dvd player built into the side of it. Today I am removing the Concertone tv,removing the bracket from the back of it reinstalling it on the new Toshiba. Then I'm going to remove the antenna cable from the Concertone head unit and after drilling a small hole will plug that on to the new TV. Next I purchased an 1/8 in stereo plug with two rca plugs on the other end (red/White) these will be plugged into the input either 1 or 2 on the head unit. The 110 volt power will come from the outlet down below in the game section of the entertainment cabinet which on mine is located below the tv. This should avoid me buying the converter and any further worry about whether or not I will have HDTV/DVD while camping.. Also by plugging only the sound output from the tv into the head unit I will also have the use of the surround sound sytem of the concertone system. If any one forsees any problems please respond.
hpage3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 05:31 PM   #2

The conversion sounds like a great idea.
My Concertone is still working OK, but when it goes south, pictures and a diagram after your completion will help us all.
milzat is offline   Reply With Quote