Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-11-2021, 11:37 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Ranger View Post
I am very hard of hearing being deaf in one ear and only about 50% hearing in the other. I have to use bone conductive head phones and bought a Bonein brand set with the headphones and blue tooth transmitter but it has not worked out well at all. It sometimes does not connect and will drop the connection seemingly for no reason. On top of that the headphones broke. In the past I have used headphones with an RF transmitter that worked very well and had a range of over 20 feet but due to problems with infections in my ears I'm can't use them now.
Can anybody suggest a bone conductive headphone set that can be connected to the tv that has reliable connectivity within 10 to 12 feet?
If you can wear a blue tooth hearing aid from Costco they sell a TV streamer and the sound comes right in your ear and you control the volume on your smartphone, works super good. You can even mute TV sound and you can still hear TV.
krakh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 11:49 PM   #42

I apologize if this has been covered. I need the tv volume much louder than my girlfriend. Will the Aftershox allow her to adjust tv volume to her liking with me listening using the Aftershox at my comfortable volume with us setting side by side on the recliners? Will I hear both the tv and then the Aftershox with a time delay? Or would we both need the Aftershox with the tv volume turned way down? Is that clear as mud? Thanks
Camp20144 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 04:05 AM   #43

I always seem to have a problem with sync - voices not matching the video - time delay especially with bluetooth. Anyone found a good solution for that?
dedobias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 06:14 AM   #44

Hearing headset for television

My mother uses the Simolio headset from Amazon. She used to use the TV ears but had trouble with the batteries. The simolio headset has a battery that can easily be replaced. And believe me she is basically deaf. Hope this helps.

https://www.amazon.com/SIMOLIO-Assis.../dp/B075L7G2N7
monsoonhiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 06:16 AM   #45

Trond

Gang havenít got this thread system down well yet so apologies.
There was a post about sound sync issues with some units tried. The reason I suggest Trond, Iíve used them in broadcasting, in my station news talk / TV studios. Regularly when we had VIP guests we would have TV or other video recording cameras follow. I put station program into a Trond transmitter, paired to two Trond receiving units. When asked for sound, i had adaptors, one to Iphones, one to TV cameras. People had wireless clean audio, with no perceptable delay, ala LipLock..
The key for which ever system you choose, make SURE they support the APTx protocol! APTx invented in Scottland in the early 90ís gives an UN compressed full fidelity Low Latency sound. Radio at that time was moving past records & CDís to Ďdigitalí audio. Their lossless 4 to 1 compression encoder, sent shorthand instructions with the audio to the decoding APTx unit. Clear sound because this process ( unlike anything that says Mpeg which is lossy - parts of the audio simply discarded,) however remain in APTx!
CDís, CD quality, is considered the broadcast standard because audio is NOT compressed. APTx gives un-compressed quality WITH 4 to 1 compression. It is amazing.
Yes there are other Ďcompression schemesí now, want the audio to match lips on TV, look at devices that say APTx, use that youíll love it.
BTW There are some Bluetooth headphones that have APTx built in! How to use them:: Trond devices I used, have a 3.5mm head phone jack. Get an RCA to 3.5mm adaptor, take audio from your sound system or TV into the unit you setup to be transmitter. You can Pair Two APTx receiving units to one transmitter.
Power for transmitter-while battery operated, I left my transmitter on all the time, by using a USB wire plugged into a TV usb connector. The receiving units had a power octopus and charged as needed. After Pairing, they will re-pair quickly after being powered off. Plug your listening device in, adjust Trond volume good to go.
If your audio hearing range is challenged, the CleanNess of Trond audio should help you. If you can enjoy full fidelity in Stereo, these are like plugging into a wire.
My best to all.
Silverbackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 09:28 AM   #46
Newbie Level 2

Thumbs up Headphones Recommendation

I got these ( and have been using for a little over 4 years now). You can adjust volume right on the headset and control left to right and also change modes to suit you. Never loses connection and battery life can last all day ( are rechargeable, one in each side) charges when not in use on its stand.
I paid about $400 and I see Amazon has them for $299
https://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-RS...less-Headphone
I have a 50% loss of hearing in both ears and use with my TV, stereo, CD's etc every day.
No, I don't work for Amazon or Sennheiser ( been retired for 6 years)
ps, no more issues with other people in the room telling me the TV is too loud!
KeepTravelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 03:12 PM   #47
A Mile High & a Mile Deep

Bone Conduction Headphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubanut View Post
No problem. FYI, the transmitter has a rechargeable battery but also has a Jack with USB end that I leave plugged into back of the Tv so it’s always charged. I just two way taped the transmitter to the back side of the tv. I hang the Aftershokz onto the antenna of the transmitter when not using. Once it’s paired to the tv the first time it always connects just by turning on the Aftershokz. No fuss whatsoever.
I use bone conduction headphones for swimming laps and a different set for listening to the radio when I'm out in the shop. One feature that you need to consider for the devices is a delay in the bluetooth transmission. Since I don't use them for TV, it doesn't really matter, but when I have them on the radio and enter a room with the same radio station is playing, there is a several second delay from the earphones sound (it is actually a delay from the bluetooth transmitter that I use). So, look for devices that specifically state there is no latency (scientific term for signal delay) in the devices. Or, you'll experience that the sound and lips don't sync. If you Google "bluetooth sound delay" there is some info about this problem.

I have AfterShokz (Bluetooth) for surface travel and Finis Duo (MP3 music player) for swimming (since water blocks bluetooth transmission). For the swimming sound (music) it is much better quality if I wear earplugs to hear through the bone conduction "speakers".

PS - I also have hearing aids that I wear that work well with the AfterShokz since they're not in my ear canal and I'm not covering them with my over the ear sound protection earphones.
pcsdpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 04:05 PM   #48

We use wired headphones in our 25' micro lite, ... they work great for a number of reasons, 1) heavy rain is VERY noisy on the roof, we can still hear the tv, 2) either of us can listen to news, movie, sports, ect. without forcing the other to have to listen as well even if they're not interested, 3) either of us can sleep/nap or read at anytime without requiring the other to turn off or turn down the tv, 4) and we can individually control the volume to our own liking ... I've never liked the blue-tooth setup and the wired headphones work great for us, ....

fella10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 08:40 PM   #49

[QUOTE=Hi Rider;2493796]My solution was a Sony wireless headset with a charging base. It works great!

My husband has this same headset and we both love it! He can blast the volume all he wants while the tv volume is on its lowest setting so I can sleep in peace and we are both happy! We showed this to 2 friends who were also hard of hearing and they both bought them and loved them, as did their wives...
PipeDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 10:37 AM   #50

Thank you for all the replies and suggestion.

This is what I did. I ordered the Aftershokz bone conductive headphones along with 1Mii B03 Long Range Bluetooth 5.0 Transmitter Receiver. I have been using them for a couple of weeks now. They work well and I am very happy with the combination. The sound quality is good and I have gone as much as 30 feet from the transmitter with no problem with the connection dropping out. Sync with the picture is good I have not noticed any delay in receiving the audio. I connected the transmitter using an audio cable from the TV. (Unfortunately the cable provided did not work but I had another one that worked). The headphone volume control is separate from the TV volume so that DW can set her own on the TV. The only negative is that I do get some echo if the TV volume is too high. I keep the transmitter plugged in using the phone charger cable provide. The headphone battery is charged with one as well. The headphone battery last about 6 hours before needing to be charged. I'm considering getting a second set for times that I watch TV for more than 6 hours at a time.

Overall I am very happy with this setup. It works well for me and my situation but it may not be for everyone. If anybody has any questions I'd be happy to answer them in this forum.
Old 02-18-2021, 10:59 AM   #51
Trailer Park Supervisor

10Ranger, how is that working with your hearing loss? Can you hear anything in your deaf ear?
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 11:08 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJKris View Post
10Ranger, how is that working with your hearing loss? Can you hear anything in your deaf ear?
No it does not work in my deaf ear. I have too much nerve damage in that ear and have been told by my otolaryngologist that nothing will ever help it. That's why I have said that it may not work for everybody. You need to know what kind of hearing loss you have.
Old 02-18-2021, 01:34 PM   #53
Trailer Park Supervisor

Ok, that will apply to my situation as well. Thanks.
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 08:16 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Ranger View Post
This is what I did. I ordered the Aftershokz bone conductive headphones along with 1Mii B03 Long Range Bluetooth 5.0 Transmitter Receiver. I have been using them for a couple of weeks now. They work well and I am very happy with the combination. The sound quality is good and I have gone as much as 30 feet from the transmitter with no problem with the connection dropping out. Sync with the picture is good I have not noticed any delay in receiving the audio. I connected the transmitter using an audio cable from the TV. (Unfortunately the cable provided did not work but I had another one that worked). The headphone volume control is separate from the TV volume so that DW can set her own on the TV. The only negative is that I do get some echo if the TV volume is too high. I keep the transmitter plugged in using the phone charger cable provide. The headphone battery is charged with one as well. The headphone battery last about 6 hours before needing to be charged. I'm considering getting a second set for times that I watch TV for more than 6 hours at a time.

Overall I am very happy with this setup. It works well for me and my situation but it may not be for everyone. If anybody has any questions I'd be happy to answer them in this forum.
Are the Aftershockz headphones 5.0 Bluetooth also? Mine are 4.2 and will not pair to a cheap 5.0 transmitter I have but a pair of 5.0 earphones will. I like the bone conductive headphones much better.

By the way, I don't have a problem with the TV volume, my wife does. She says it's way too loud when I'm watching it. I'm hoping something like this will make her happy.
EddieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 07:55 AM   #55

That is excellent. I tried several Bluetooth transmitters with a blue tooth speaker and could never get the sync right. I finally gave up. Maybe I'll try again. You give me hope there are ways for success!
dedobias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 08:42 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieL View Post
Are the Aftershockz headphones 5.0 Bluetooth also? Mine are 4.2 and will not pair to a cheap 5.0 transmitter I have but a pair of 5.0 earphones will. I like the bone conductive headphones much better.

By the way, I don't have a problem with the TV volume, my wife does. She says it's way too loud when I'm watching it. I'm hoping something like this will make her happy.
The Aftershockz headphones paired with the above mentioned transmitter with no problem. It just took a couple tries to do it.

Tags
television