Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-19-2022, 08:57 PM   #1

New 12v fridge question

I have one of these new 12v fridge/freezer units. It’s an 11 cf model. TT is new so I haven’t used it yet.

Yesterday after having increased my solar array I thought I’d click on the fridge, lights, fans, etc to start doing a little testing.

After a few hours I checked the fridge and inside is barely cool to the touch, same with the freezer. I could feel cool-ish air coming out of the vent in the back of the freezer but it certainly didn’t feel cold enough to freeze anything. I did not throw in a thermometer. This was yesterday. Left it on.

Checked again today after work, same. Hardly any draw on system.

Shut off the fridge. Turned it back on and saw a 4 amp draw. Seems to be running.

Shouldn’t everything in there be cold to the touch? Does the fact that it’s 40 ish degrees outside matter? I’m going to find a thermometer to stick in there but if anyone has any input on these new 12v fridges, if this seems normal or abnormal. I’ll update with temps when I have em.
carguy4471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2022, 09:06 PM   #2

I take it all back. Power cycling the unit after work today must have done the trick. It was certainly cold to the touch just now when I checked and the thermometer shows it. It may have kept dropping, only left it in there a few minutes. Sorry everyone, false alarm.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	509BD8F9-DD74-4A7A-AC53-2B152500908B.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	218.0 KB
ID:	270295  
carguy4471 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
12v, fridge, question