Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2012, 09:20 PM   #1

New camper, no tv signal

I have a new camper with no tv signal at either tv from the antenna, I checked the wall plate and the light comes on when I push the button but neither tv gets any type of signal what-so-ever.

I plan on checking further tomorrow but hope someone here may provide a good direction as if both tv's don't have a signal it appears the problem is before the signal splits. Stinks you get a new camper and have a problem from the get go.
Thanks for any help you can offer.

Jeff
Md Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:52 PM   #2

Don't take offense, but did you use the television's menu and scan for available channels after you turned on the booster button?

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:54 PM   #3

Might help to know what camper you have and what antenna it has.
Have you scanned for channels on the TV? If Booster is on and you've scanned, I'd check all the coax connections Abbas make sure they are tight and hooked up correctly. If you had a PDI, they should've turned it on.
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:28 PM   #4

Another silly question, what is the model of TV you are using? Did it come with the camper; or are you sure it has a digital tuner?

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it is nearly impossible to discern if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:10 PM   #5
Site Team

Do you have the style of antenna that needs to be raised? If so, have you tried shifting the direction of it? Is the TV tunner set for antenna or cable?

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 04:22 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
Don't take offense, but did you use the television's menu and scan for available channels after you turned on the booster button?
No offense taken as most of the time, it's the simplest answer that's the correct one; I did use the menu in auto and digital channel search to try and find some type of signal and it just won't find one. Light on the boost comes on so I know it has power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtstromsburg View Post
Might help to know what camper you have and what antenna it has.
Have you scanned for channels on the TV? If Booster is on and you've scanned, I'd check all the coax connections Abbas make sure they are tight and hooked up correctly. If you had a PDI, they should've turned it on.
I agree with the PDI, something that shouldn't have been missed.
We have a FR 8528 RLWS and the antenna is a Winegard, I'm thinking it's the antenna cable/connection as well as it's both tv's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken0042 View Post
Another silly question, what is the model of TV you are using? Did it come with the camper; or are you sure it has a digital tuner?
The one tv is a Toshiba and the other is a Insignia brand and they both came installed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terier View Post
Do you have the style of antenna that needs to be raised? If so, have you tried shifting the direction of it? Is the TV tunner set for antenna or cable?
We have a Winegard Sensar antenna and I tried adjusting the position after raising it, both the tv's have a "digital", "analog" and "Auto" for the channel search, I tried the digital and auto both, no joy.
Old 07-06-2012, 05:30 AM   #7

Get one of these comes in handy.

Amazon.com: Steren Cable Continuity Tester - Cable Analyzer: Home Improvement

Then you can verify two things 1.) cable continuity 2.) correct cable is hooked up.
RickV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:11 AM   #8

Got it; thanks to all who lended some insight. Turned out to be a splitter going to all the jacks was installed behind the wall with no input, go figure.......so much for dealer prep.