Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2015, 04:09 PM   #1

New Coleman-Mach air conditioner not blowing cold

Hello everyone,

I originally posted this in the Prime Time specific thread but realized that I should have posted it here.

We were out camping this weekend for our second time in our 2015 Prime Time Avenger 26BH and it was warm enough that I could test out the AC. Unfortunately it only blew around 72 degree air.
I made sure the breaker was turned on and the fuse in the thermostat is good. I ran it in the cool position with the fan on both high and low but there was no difference.

Now that I have it at home I have opened it on the roof and made sure the compressor is engaging and it is. Everything looks to be connected correctly. The only thing I didn't know about is there is a piece of foam that looks to be some sort of shipping foam. I don't know if it should be there or not so I just left it.

If anybody has any ideas of something I am missing let me know.

If I can't fix it easily then I will just take it in for service, I just hate to take it in because of something dumb.

Thanks!

Steve A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 10:13 PM   #2

I have the same issue in my 2015 Flagstaff 27RLWS. Have you been able to resolve the issue? I have an appt with the dealer next week. Thanks
Brazealnut4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 12:39 PM   #3

Same thing here, fan manual on hi all the time , compressor runs till cool and stops then won't restart till power off and on. was working fine this way for 1yr, bad thermostat or bad control board ?
bj983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 03:41 PM   #4

Founded repair manual on line. At thermostat 2 outside wires red to blue 12 v dc Ok, 2nd from left Yellow to blue had no 12 v dc ** BAD ** needs 12 v to run compressor ( yellow to blue) manual said replace thermostat.

Link manual. http://www.cleggind.com/postal_tech/...376%5B1%5D.pdf.
bj983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 08:41 AM   #5

I too experienced a problem with my Mach 3 this past week. For some reason the unit would stop blowing cool after running for a bit. It was as if something was getting frozen up there and stopping the air flow. I also thought it might have been a slight brownout at the campground as you never know how good the electric lines are there.

After it stops blowing cold, there appears to be no change in the flow of air even if I change it to high fan.

I will have to figure this out. I need a voltage tester.

Vin.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 10000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air conditioner