Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-29-2020, 02:46 PM   #1

New Dometic Fridge DMR-702 Issue

We have a 2021 Dynamax Isata 3 with a Dometic DMR-702 refrigerator that is acting up and could use some help from all of you experts on this topic. I have a request in to a warranty dealer to help with this, but did my own investigative work on this ahead of time in case they can't figure it out.

Here's the scenario: When refrigerator is on propane, the panel will eventually light up an error code and shut the refrigerator off. The error code is always the same -- two blinking lights, 1) LP AND 2) Temperature setting (important detail -- the error blinks whatever the setting is currently set to, not a specific LED). The troubleshooting manual calls out a series of error codes, but given that the LP light flashes AND the temperature led flashes, I'm thinking this is the warning condition where LP is not lighting.

This condition is not easily repeatable, and it oddly happens in the middle of the night, also when unplugged from shofre power. When turning fridge off and on repeatedly it will relight flawlessly.

Fridge works on AC, no issue.

Batteries are 99% SoC throughout the night, BMV shows no voltage drop or issues.

Propane tank is full. Other gas appliances work perfectly.

Original thermal cutoff fuse has continuity.

Original thermistor tests resistance in spec.

As a last resort, I replaced the control board with a brand new board, no change, but at least now I have a backup board!

Dometic geniuses: What else should I test or consider? Bad propane regulator somehow killing the propane under cold conditions? Misadjusted regulator? Bad eyebrow board?

Specs:
Model: DMR702
Product: 936002904
SKU: 9600010870
sdbruin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dometic, fridge