Originally Posted by MooseRiver
Half joking but agree 100% CO2 is no joke. I believe CO2 has no smell so Iím assuming it was the fumes from the coating burn off. I didnít linger in there and I will watch it very closely to see if I need to take it in for service. Thanks!
OK, thanks for clarifying.
There have been quite a few threads here about odors and the CO alarm falsely alerting when running the furnace the first time or even the first time after not using it for months but no one has ever mentioned getting dizzy. The CO alarm (not CO2) will alert from other things too besides CO such as hair sprays and dog farts!
I'm just wanting to be sure there isn't a defect in the furnace's heat exchanger allowing exhaust gasses into your RV.
Furnace combustion, under normal operating conditions is a closed system, pulling fresh air into the furnace from the outside intake, mixing the air with propane for combustion, and expelling the gasses back out to the outside of the R/V through the exhaust. Thus, no harmful gasses enter the living area interior of your R/V unless there is a problem such as a leak in the combustion chamber.
While you incorrectly identified the "silent deadly killer" CO (carbon monoxide) as CO2 (carbon dioxide) you are absolutely correct in saying it is no joke!