Old 08-08-2020, 09:56 AM   #1

Newbie help with lippert ground control 3.0

hello all,

Can someone give me some help with this thing. The auto level feature seems to work well. Although there have been a few times that I wanted to make adjustments to the jacks.

I have the inside touch screen panel for manual operation. I know how to get into manual mode but I can't figure out how to operate 1 specific jack. If I push the right or left button it seems to operate all the jacks on that side. Seems like there must be a way to do it. Can't I just raise or lower 1 specific jack without moving others?

Also when in manual mode sometimes there is a red flashing line on the edge of one of the quarter pieces of the pie.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!!
jsheverly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 10:04 AM   #2

I haven't seen a system where you can move one particular jack independent from the others. And when you think about it, it's a good thing, as it protects the other jacks and your frame.
Find your system in the Leveling and Stabilization manual in the LCI Master Manual site for more help with your system.
Also be sure and perform the zero point calibration. Solves all kinds of issues....
https://support.lci1.com/master-manuals/
Reese Fifth Airborne air ride king pin coupler with Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 10:06 AM   #3
Usually Confused Member

For left front, press left and front buttons both the same time. Right rear press right and rear buttons at the same time.

Etc Etc Etc

At some point during every day you suddenly realize nothing else productive is going to happen the rest of that day. For me, it usually occurs around 9 am.
emm-dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 10:36 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm-dee View Post
For left front, press left and front buttons both the same time. Right rear press right and rear buttons at the same time.

Etc Etc Etc
I learn something every day. I did not know the four point systems would work that way. I will now have to go play with BIL's four point and act like I knew this all along
Old 08-08-2020, 12:52 PM   #5

Quote:

Etc Etc Etc
+1
primo20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 01:17 PM   #6

Having just finished installing an Equalizer System EQ Smart-Level on our 2016 Solera, I found that I was only able to operate the jacks in pairs. Contact with ES customer service revealed that they had removed single-jack functionality to help prevent users from damaging their suspension and/or chassis frame. Also, their installation/operating manual specifically recommends using the auto-level feature over manual operation of the jacks.
Scarecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 01:32 PM   #7
Multi-Slacker

Welcome from SoCal!
Even tho no help, thought I'd throw in a Welcome.
2018 Silverado 2500 HD 6.0L, 4:10 rear
CurtPutnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 01:43 PM   #8

Quote:

Etc Etc Etc
I found this feature during my second year with this system. It sure makes leveling easier. BTW, did anyone else laugh when they first read the instructions? "Park the trailer on level ground." If I could find level ground, why would I need levelers?
Now:2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L
2008 Ford F-250 Long Bed Diesel
Total of 30 Months on the Road Since 2008
DrLewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 02:52 PM   #9

Quote:

Etc Etc Etc
👍👍 yup this is how Lipppert works. Good luck vin

2014 Coachmen Brookstone 325RL
2015 Chev Silverado 2500 Diesel.
ottawapaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 03:21 PM   #10

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtPutnam View Post
Welcome from SoCal!
Even tho no help, thought I'd throw in a Welcome.
Hello, Curt. Nice to see you here.
Old 08-08-2020, 03:24 PM   #11

So when you say front and left buttons, as an example, that moves the jack furthest forward, or the middle jack. Or both of those? My very front jack and my very rear jack are touching the ground. My middle jack is several inches off the ground. How do I get that middle jack down without lowering the other two at the same time? Does that make sense?
Old 08-08-2020, 03:34 PM   #12
Usually Confused Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsheverly View Post
So when you say front and left buttons, as an example, that moves the jack furthest forward, or the middle jack. Or both of those? My very front jack and my very rear jack are touching the ground. My middle jack is several inches off the ground. How do I get that middle jack down without lowering the other two at the same time? Does that make sense?
Donít have a clue. Mine is only four jacks.

At some point during every day you suddenly realize nothing else productive is going to happen the rest of that day. For me, it usually occurs around 9 am.
Old 08-08-2020, 03:44 PM   #13

Quote:
So is your 6 point leveling system electric or hydraulic? Regardless, there should never be a situation where your middle jacks are up, and the back jacks are fully down, auto or manual mode.
Might try rebooting the control box by removing all power (12v and 120v) and retry the auto level. Might read the manual for more diagnostic tips.
And if all else fails, call the LCI tech support line. They have been very helpful to me in the past. Even sent me free parts twice
Old 08-09-2020, 09:41 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
So is your 6 point leveling system electric or hydraulic? Regardless, there should never be a situation where your middle jacks are up, and the back jacks are fully down, auto or manual mode.
Might try rebooting the control box by removing all power (12v and 120v) and retry the auto level. Might read the manual for more diagnostic tips.
And if all else fails, call the LCI tech support line. They have been very helpful to me in the past. Even sent me free parts twice
On the 6 point electric Lippert system, the two middle jacks are called the grounding jacks. They will not fully extend unless the four exterior jacks make the trailer level.
So if you are not level, your four exterior jacks will be down, but middle jacks will stay up and in auto level mode you will get an error message.

2014 Coachmen Brookstone 325RL
2015 Chev Silverado 2500 Diesel.
ottawapaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 10:05 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawapaul View Post
On the 6 point electric Lippert system, the two middle jacks are called the grounding jacks. They will not fully extend unless the four exterior jacks make the trailer level.
So if you are not level, your four exterior jacks will be down, but middle jacks will stay up and in auto level mode you will get an error message.
Thanks for that clarification.
I'll admit, I've only seen one 6 point electric leveling system that I was helping a fellow RVer with (most are hydraulic). And it acted exactly as my hydraulic system as far as grounding all the jacks in pairs before continuing the auto leveling.
So there must be different controller programs out there now for the various electrical systems. It seems my leveler expertise is outdated and best kept for hydraulic systems
I have helped lots of folks with their four point electric systems, and from what I've seen, a hydraulic leveler system (not electric) is now on my list of must haves while looking for my next RV. Trouble is, my list is now so large, it's going to be hard to find an acceptable RV
Old 08-09-2020, 10:33 AM   #16

When I got my new trailer home I ran the auto level. My drive is fairly level fore/aft, side to side, about 1* tilt total side to side. When I ran the auto level I found the trailer was not. I used a bubble level and my iphone in various places to confirm, and then did the zero point setup to correct it.

I noticed it during the PDI that the trailer wasn't leveled correctly because the bedroom door kept closing.

If the auto level on yours is not putting it level now, it wont at any other place so you would be better off doing the zero point setup.
Maybe this video will help
Bhrava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 12:57 PM   #17

You guys are amazing. Thank you so much for all the help. Over the weekend my system was raising my right side wheels off the ground. Your help and videos have taught me a lot. I am more of a hands on learner and trying to find the right manual and get the correct info wasn't the easiest thing to do. Thanks you all very much.
Old 08-09-2020, 01:25 PM   #18

Quote:
You guys are amazing. Thank you so much for all the help. Over the weekend my system was raising my right side wheels off the ground. Your help and videos have taught me a lot. I am more of a hands on learner and trying to find the right manual and get the correct info wasn't the easiest thing to do. Thanks you all very much.
This is one of those things to be very mindful of. Make sure the trailer is as close to level as possible before activating auto level. If you need to block up one side to get it close, do it. The system is not smart enough to know the terrain the trailer is on, and will attempt to level it no matter what. If you raise up the wheels past the chocks on one side, the whole rig can move and damage the jacks. This is why the manual says in a spot as level as possible. They want the wheels on the ground at all times.
Bhrava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 02:52 PM   #19
Usually Confused Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhrava View Post
This is one of those things to be very mindful of. Make sure the trailer is as close to level as possible before activating auto level. If you need to block up one side to get it close, do it. The system is not smart enough to know the terrain the trailer is on, and will attempt to level it no matter what. If you raise up the wheels past the chocks on one side, the whole rig can move and damage the jacks. This is why the manual says in a spot as level as possible. They want the wheels on the ground at all times.
Very true. A lot of times the terrain can be rough enough to make it better to go back to basics and use wheel pads and the tongue jack/landing gear to get the trailer level. Then manual operation of the leveling jacks allows them to act not as levelers but as a really good set of stabilizers. Itís also a time when individual movements of the jacks is helpful.

Old 08-09-2020, 03:26 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhrava View Post
And every time you say this, I have to disagree with about everything in your statement.
I can see trying to find the most level spot when parking, but it doesn't have to be level. We primarily boondock and rarely are we on a level spot. So we chock every tire before unhitching.
Usually every jack will be at a different extension due to the unevenness. We use Lynx blocks to compensate. After some experience, you can pretty much eyeball it and know how many blocks to use and where. This avoids any out of stroke errors and results in an auto level complete. I don't remember the last time we couldn't auto level. Using blocks under appropriate levelers, the system is definitely smart enough to handle uneven ground. Mine has been doing it for 9 years.
And it's also very common to have one side tires off the ground. We've spent many weeks with the tires 6" off the ground. But the other sides tires were on the ground and chocked. Have also had the front high enough to walk under the fifth wheel overhang.
And I have no idea how the RV would move and cause damage after all the levelers are grounded and the auto level starts. Even if you lift one sides tires off the ground, the other side tires are still chocked and all the levelers are down and grounded. Has this ever happened to you?
Auto level is a fantastic tool and works very well once you learn the system.

Tags