RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 08-23-2019, 04:36 PM   #1

No TV reception

I live in a good ol' Pa holla, can only pick up 5 or 6 air channels. Decided earlier this year to upgrade to the newest Wingard. I had parked in a different location when I mounted it and figured that was the problem. Moved to old spot and still nothing. I change out the power supply and still nothing. I have power to antenna, checked with meter, and hooked up old antenna. Still nothing. Cables are hooked up properly. Have tv in bedroom, it's not getting anything either. Any suggestions?
Chuckwagonsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 03:58 AM   #2

I'll ask the most obvious question. Have you changed your TV settings in the TV menu and did a channel scan? Also, do you have the booster button turned on?
Blue Ox SwayPro WDH
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 07:00 AM   #3
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by glsimms View Post
I'll ask the most obvious question. Have you changed your TV settings in the TV menu and did a channel scan? Also, do you have the booster button turned on?
X2

Both of these are obvious first steps.

The next question is:

When you changed out the TV/Cable wall switch, did you pull up enough cable to get to the coax splitter? One output wire goes to each of your TVs. If both TVs are acting up and the obvious (above) is good; I would check the input wire to your splitter for a bad connection.

I also live outside Philadelphia and was only getting 2-4 channels of UHF. Turns out the internal antenna wire inside my RAZAR had become disconnected. Fixed under warranty with a new antenna.
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 07:43 AM   #4

The tv settings were not changed and were checked. The wall switch is the splitter and the green light button pushed, as per power to antenna checked with meter. If input wire ,coaxial, bad then I would not be getting power to antenna.
Old 08-25-2019, 08:24 AM   #5
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckwagonsam View Post
The tv settings were not changed and were checked. The wall switch is the splitter and the green light button pushed, as per power to antenna checked with meter. If input wire ,coaxial, bad then I would not be getting power to antenna.
Does the wire to your Living Room TV come from the faceplate that contains the Cable/Roof antenna switch or from a wire that goes into the wall?

The face plate TV1 is direct to the switch.

If it comes from a hole in the wall, your feed comes from a hidden coax splitter that is fed from TV2 located on the back side of the wall plate.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Winegard wall plate rear.JPG
Views:	27
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	213273  
Attached Images

HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 09:14 AM   #6

From wall plate as shown.
Old 08-27-2019, 12:43 PM   #7
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckwagonsam View Post
From wall plate as shown.
So just so I am clear:

1) You have oriented the roof antenna on the roof so that the leading elements are pointing to the TV tower you wish to receive and then researched for channels using "antenna" setting on the TV.

-- You can use a phone app like "TV Towers" or the Wingard phone app to show the direction you must rotate the antenna to point at. Remember the FINS point TO the tower. If you have a batwing Sensar type, the "wings" are like the wings of an airplane and are 90 degrees to the tower.

2) Neither the TV that is connected to the "TV" on the face of the plate, nor the TV in the bedroom (coming through a splitter off TV2 on the back of the wall plate) is getting a signal when the little led is ON (LIT UP). If the LED lights up you have correctly selected the roof antenna and there is power available to be supplied to the roof antenna provided the cable is not broken.

3) You have CONFIRMED that there is 12 volts on the roof at the coax connector. Measured between the core wire and the shield.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Antennaweb Roadmap Wide angle.JPG
Views:	31
Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	213547   Click image for larger version

Name:	Antennaweb Satellite at Camper.JPG
Views:	31
Size:	122.2 KB
ID:	213548   Click image for larger version

Name:	Antennaweb Satellite Wide angle.JPG
Views:	28