Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-13-2017, 11:57 PM   #1

Question Norcold Fridge is working too well~!

We are stumped with setting temperature on the Norcold Refrigerator in our new Grey Wolf 26RR. At first blush we were naively looking for some kind of a dial or lever. Then we looked in the owners manual and immediately had to do some research on what the heck a 'Thermistor' even was... Sooo...when we first started the unit the thermistor was on the 10th fin from the right. Making excellent ice cubes in the fridge. Some posts here advised to move the thermistor up and down, but our owners manual advises to move to the right to get it warmer. After 3 successive tries, we are as far to the right as the wire will allow (and down...). The temp is getting closer. Checked with a thermometer in a cup of wate. It is right at 32*F. with a small ice cube floating in it. Pretty sure its going to frostbite the lettuce... Could splice in some more wire, but as you can see we are also running out of fins too. Any and all suggestions would be very welcome~!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Norcold Temp inst.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	181.4 KB
ID:	134682   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170413_214623.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	198.0 KB
ID:	134683  
GypsyJoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 10:09 AM   #2

Did you ever figure this out, we are on our first trip and everything in our fridge is now frozen after 3 days of camping. We have the exact same fridge and fin setup.
Jadenala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 12:53 PM   #3

I had the same problem with ours and I'm still not sure if I have it right. I did the same thing and moved ours to my right and it got worse. Then I figured I should move it to the refrigerator's right, facing me. It works a lot better. I don't remember what setting I have on but I think I moved to my left facing refrigerator about 8 fins and placed it at bottom of fin. If still to cold try next fin.
djeirlessr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 04:33 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by djeirlessr View Post
I had the same problem with ours and I'm still not sure if I have it right. I did the same thing and moved ours to my right and it got worse. Then I figured I should move it to the refrigerator's right, facing me. It works a lot better. I don't remember what setting I have on but I think I moved to my left facing refrigerator about 8 fins and placed it at bottom of fin. If still to cold try next fin.

Thank you, I'll try that tonight!! We just shut it off for the day while we are out hiking, frozen fruit is awesome for making smoothies, but a little cold to eat, lol.
Jadenala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 06:19 PM   #5

Norco Fridge

Well we are traveling now with the 'thermistor' in the same place. She loaded the fridge with food and nothing has frozen yet, however we always turn off the gas traveling (so far every second day) so technically the fridge has 6 or 7 hours w/o power. We are stopping for 3 days now so we'll see what happens. Haven't tried it to 'our' left, but maybe worth a try as it worked for 'djeirlessr.' "awesome for making smoothies..." I love it~!
GypsyJoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 09:27 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyJoker View Post
Well we are traveling now with the 'thermistor' in the same place. She loaded the fridge with food and nothing has frozen yet, however we always turn off the gas traveling (so far every second day) so technically the fridge has 6 or 7 hours w/o power. We are stopping for 3 days now so we'll see what happens. Haven't tried it to 'our' left, but maybe worth a try as it worked for 'djeirlessr.' "awesome for making smoothies..." I love it~!

For some reason lemonade, the powder kind, seems to freeze on the second shelf but nothing else. We can live with that.
djeirlessr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge