Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-19-2013, 09:15 PM   #1

Frig (Norcold) Won't Lite when Using gas

2011 Forest River Rockwood 8293rkss..Not sure if Im being impatient or what, Frig won't lite when using gas...I have tried resetting like people have mentioned in other threads but when in gas mode the Gas light is on then the gas and On light both blinks! Not sure if thats standard operation but I dont hear any clicks and nothing from outside behind panel...I was trying to start couple days before my second trip out to be cold when we get there but was afraid to just turn gas on and then switch on Gas then leave it!! Any help would be greatly appreciated....
jpcampisano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:23 PM   #2

Frig Won't Lite Using Gas

2011 Forest River Rockwood 8293rkss...not sure If being impatient or what...First trip out couldn't get frig to lite while in gas mode...The gas lite would stay green then after couple seconds the on light would come on and then acts liking trying to reset itself. Leaving on second trip out this weekend and was wanting to turn it on couple days ahead of time but didnt want to turn gas on then frig on gas mode and leave it if something was wrong!...tried resetting like in other posts to no help...Any help would be greatly appreciated...James
Old 05-19-2013, 09:36 PM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcampisano View Post
2011 Forest River Rockwood 8293rkss..Not sure if Im being impatient or what, Frig won't lite when using gas...I have tried resetting like people have mentioned in other threads but when in gas mode the Gas light is on then the gas and On light both blinks! Not sure if thats standard operation but I dont hear any clicks and nothing from outside behind panel...I was trying to start couple days before my second trip out to be cold when we get there but was afraid to just turn gas on and then switch on Gas then leave it!! Any help would be greatly appreciated....
Hope you solved the problem by now. If not, check simplest things first like, will the stove light? To ensure gas is flowing. If so, light a couple burners for a minute to purge air out of lines. If no stove, check bottles. If bottles have gas, turn bottle off for a few minutes, open burner on stove to release pressure, CLOSE burner, then slowly, s l o w l y open valve again. Try lighting stove. If stove lights but frig won't, must be some other issue. Try searching web for "propane frig won't light". Good luck.

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:48 PM   #4

Tried lighting and burners on stove and everything lights just fine just not frig...if i understand right I should have a steady gas light and hopefully after several hours it should statt getting cold..both tanks are full....will try resetting and starting over.
Old 05-19-2013, 09:49 PM   #5

If this is your first trip, there could be air in the line. It will only try to light a couple of times, and then will fail out in case there is a problem. I would make sure you have gas to the stove, light a couple burners and let them run for a minute. then try the fridge again. If it fails out, you need to turn it off, wait a minute, then on again, and retry. I would do this up to 3 times. If it still doesn't light, possibly you have a problem. Hope this helps you.
cmptrkd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:53 PM   #6

Second trip upcoming...all burners lite...tried resetting system and unless I not waiting long enough when in gas mode I have gas light steady and after couple seconds the on light comes on and acting like resetting itself...no noise inside or out...wasnt sure if there is a valve to turn on or reset button to push...
Old 05-19-2013, 10:08 PM   #7

We had a similar problem after a few trips. Just happened to be going by our dealer. They opened the rear access hatch an made some adjustment to a valve. Sorry I cannot give you actual direction.
Old 05-20-2013, 03:01 PM   #8

N61 is the type of frig....