Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-04-2018, 09:49 PM   #1

Norcold n811 auto one button. Force to gas mode boondocking

Well you learn something new every day. Just did this test today and I was astounded that it worked.

I use an inverter when boondocking. I plug the camper to the inverter. With that said the reefer stays in electric mode because the norcold n811 is all automatic..

Because my camper has 3 outlets on the reefer breaker, and no way to separate them I needed someway to get the reefer to run on gas only..

( I like to retain those 3 outlets as they are in the bedroom. I use them for TV, cpap, charging phones etc etc)

So My solution was to simply unplug the reefer from the outside service panel. This insured the reefer stayed in gas mode.

Well after seeing a vid I saw sometime ago, I watched it again and read the comments. There was a guy that stated to simply hold the on/off button for 60 seconds and it will force to gas mode..

Well I just went out and tried it.. It works.. I cant believe this is not in the instructions anywhere.

Note, I did hold the button too long the first time trying and it went into some led test mode. I had to exit that and try again..

Here is my video I made demonstrating this.

Here is the original vid where I saw the comment today..

2020 Ram 1500 classic 5.7l hemi 3:21 rear 8 speed
2019 Palimino XLE 24 RD
Lawrosa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boondocking, gas