Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-27-2021, 11:30 PM   #1

Okay, any suggestions for a naughty Jensen Stereo

Besides a one-way visit to the local shooting range, that is...

I have a Jensen VX4022A AM/FM/CD player with a backup camera screen installed in our 2019 Coachmen 21QB. It doesn't work for long. This is the third iteration; the first two would intermittently stop working while driving - yes, all three functions, including the CD player. But the screen remained active. Coachmen replaced the first two, but blamed Ford. Guess who Ford blamed? THAAAAAAT's right....

Ford did remark that the wiring to the unit was ^&%$-poor, and made new connections, after which the radio worked - for five days. Now, here we are a thousand miles from home and a radio that is becoming more and more choppy. Any suggestions, apart from the impromptu target thingie??
mcliddick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 11:49 PM   #2

There is 2 power wires that goes to the unit. 1 is main power and 2nd is power to keep memory and clock when turned off. If your main power wire has a break in it or bad connection it can cause the screen to stay on but nothing else will work because it's only getting power from the backup power. So check fuses holders and run a temporary new power wire if you can.

That would be my first guess.

Take it to a good stereo installer to have them look at it would be my next suggestion.
nvs4602 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
jensen, stereo