Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-20-2021, 04:26 PM   #1

Outdoor gas cooktop

I have a 2021 Surveyor that came with a griddle that runs off the trailer's propane system, and hangs from a bracket on the side of the trailer. it is great! I'd like to have a gas cooktop that also runs off the trailer propane system.

does anyone have a recommendation? I've searched and have only found units that run off a 20lb or 1lb bottle, not off the trailer propane system.

thanks

ken
faithie999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 04:44 PM   #2
llr

There are a number of them that have adapters available. I don't know of any that come with the adapter.

We have a portable grill that I bought the adapter for but the 1 lb bottles last long enough for me and no restrictions on placement so I have not used the adapter. Hopefully I can find it if I change my mind

Find a grill you like then search for a low pressure or regulator bypass adapter before you buy it
prior TV 2014 Silverado 2500 HD
llr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 07:22 PM   #3

Just bought a Camp Chef Ranger II. Will have to get a quick disconnect hose for it but it seems to be the easiest to use with a low pressure quick disconnect setup on a trailer.

800W solar > 412 Ah LiFePO4 > 3,200W Inverters
corn18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 05:59 PM   #4

I'll be interested to learn how the stove works when you use it with a quick disconnect hose connected to your TT propane system.

I bought a CHEAP gas cooktop today at an "international" grocery store, and hooked it up to my trailer propane system instead of using the provided regulator and 20lb propane tank. the flame was very weak. it's going back to the store.
faithie999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 06:41 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithie999 View Post
I have a 2021 Surveyor that came with a griddle that runs off the trailer's propane system, and hangs from a bracket on the side of the trailer. it is great! I'd like to have a gas cooktop that also runs off the trailer propane system.

does anyone have a recommendation? I've searched and have only found units that run off a 20lb or 1lb bottle, not off the trailer propane system.

thanks

ken
Typically you have to remove the regulator from the appliance and buy the parts to directly connect it to the quick disconnect on the trailer.

Some sell the parts to do that. I bought a mini napoleon grill and they sell a hose and a couple adapters to do that.

If what you buy does not have such an option, you may be able to figure it out yourself and buy the necessary pieces to do this.
Old 09-24-2021, 07:17 AM   #6

You said cooktop

You said cooktop. If that is what you want, be sure to try the pots/pans on top of what you're looking at. The small two burner unit that came with my Apex has side shields and back shield that would be very helpful if they permitted a large pot and pan to be used. Can only fit smaller pans so try what you want to be able to use before buying one. If you meant grill, I have one these. Nexgrill says not to remove the regulator but of course I did and added a QD male to fit the hose I bought for the Brookstone. I added another Female QD to the gas block under the trailer and bought a Y fitting with 2 QDs so I could hook up the two burner, (existing QD and hose) and the Brookstone and the grill! I just need one more 12' hose for the third device. Personally, I wanted them all away from the trailer to keep the smoke and grease away from the trailer. My awning cook top, but I wanted the grill and blackstone out from under it for the same reason...and flare ups!

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Nexgrill...0033/206023898
dedobias is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, gas