Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-25-2020, 11:30 AM   #1

Outside TV audio on speakers

Just bought a Cherokee 274 BRB. It has a TV mount inside and one outside. I want to be able to hook the TV outside up to the stereo system to play through the speakers that are mounted on the outside of the camper.

Outside hookups include the COAX cable hookup and a single yellow AV outlet. I believe this is the video cable of the three, but no audio hookups. The stereo inside does not have a DVD player, so if the outside hook up is indeed video where does the other end hook up to?

Is there a work around to get the audio through the speakers that does not include running a line through the window?

Seems like an odd choice to put the video outlet out there and not audio.

The guy at the dealer that did the walk through didn't know how it worked. Yes, yes, I could throw a fit at the dealer for them not knowing how it works, but I'm more concerned with finding out how it works than sticking it to the dealer.

Thanks for any help
Jeffgt80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 03:29 PM   #2

My FR3 is set up the same way. I haven't tried it but I think the video feed goes back to our pioneer in dash system. That same system will play music through the outdoor speakers (switch controlled). Regular TV doesn't play through these speakers. I haven't tried a DVD.
mtnjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 05:39 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnjeeper View Post
My FR3 is set up the same way. I haven't tried it but I think the video feed goes back to our pioneer in dash system. That same system will play music through the outdoor speakers (switch controlled). Regular TV doesn't play through these speakers. I haven't tried a DVD.
Dvd will only play at living room tv from the pioneer in our fr3. The DVD sound does go to all speakers but not video
Old 11-25-2020, 06:35 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdjimmi View Post
Dvd will only play at living room tv from the pioneer in our fr3. The DVD sound does go to all speakers but not video
Interesting. Does your outdoor TV have a video cable connected? If so, any idea where it goes?
mtnjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 09:10 PM   #5

See if will connect via Bluetooth.

DustyRoads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 09:37 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyRoads View Post
See if will connect via Bluetooth.
Thats a good idea, I haven't bought the TV yet, maybe I'll look for one with bluetooth.
Jeffgt80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 07:15 AM   #7

Outside sound option

Perhaps a sound bar that attaches to the telly or even standalone. With a long enough audio cable you could place it closer too. I have a wireless remote speaker I use indoors because the a/c drowns out the overhead speakers. It was about $125 on Amazon, it does require a base and power to transmit.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
hthavana is offline   Reply With Quote